Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you kidding me? I might lose my whole family over a toe! (he finally called :( )

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Out of nowhere my husband looks at my son's feet and says "you have mortons toe" I don't know what the hell that means so I ignore it. Then he asks me if I have it. I told him I don't know what that is. He says it means that the second toe is longer than the first. I was like, I dont' know. So he asks to see my goddamn feet. 

I don't have it. Okay no big deal. So DH gets on the computer and tells me that he thinks it's a recessive trait. Whatthefuckever that means. I'm like, maybe your dad has it or something. Then he says no. You can only have it if one of your parents have it. 

I just looked at him for a sec, then he got up and walked out. His phone is off. Our son by the way is 9 and asking me what the hell just happened and I don't know what to tell him.

He called :(

He just called to tell me he doesn't want to come home tonight. He already sounds drunk. He said the older DS gets the more he feels like he isn't his son and it's been eating at him every day. WTF! NOW he wants a paternity test. How the hell do I explain all this to DS? I should have never came back to this fool!

Update this morning.

I have to get DS to school. He didn't come home, I checked our bank account and he stayed at a motel about a block from here. After I drop DS off at school I'll go buy a paternity test.

I have a test. I talked to DH. Of course he feels terrible now and says he thinks his meds are just off, whatever. We're doing the test today and I told him he needs to apologize to ds after school

Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Replies (361-370):
Piskie
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 5:56 AM
He's being an idiot. It can be recessive for many generations..... It's more complicated than that anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 5:57 AM
Bump it up for morning update! Did he come home OP?
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 6:01 AM
Wow that is beyond ridiculous. I'd give him the test then leave his ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 6:05 AM
Gonna play devil's advocate. This wouldn't even be an issue if you would have just offered a paternity test in the very beginning. Would have either confirmed or eased his fears.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 6:33 AM
Lmao!! This is soooo true! Genes are funny things.
My nephew has the lightest blue eyes you ever did see, so light they are almost white. Their absolutely gorgeous. My Sister and father both have green eyes. He threw a fit! Demanded a paternity test saying there was NO way that that was his blue eyed baby. 99.9! After his eyes finished changing as a baby, dads mom tells family that a great great grandpa had the "white eyes" just like nephew! :)

Quoting Piskie:

He's being an idiot. It can be recessive for many generations..... It's more complicated than that anyway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 6:35 AM
OPs already addressed that one! ;)
He denied two different chances to get a PT.

Quoting Anonymous:

Gonna play devil's advocate. This wouldn't even be an issue if you would have just offered a paternity test in the very beginning. Would have either confirmed or eased his fears.
simberella
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 6:45 AM
I think your way better off alone
Sarah32882
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 6:59 AM

I don't think he was smart for basing it all on a toe. But maybe it's been messing with his mind for years or he is just  using it as a crutch to enable him to do what he wants when he wants...Or maybe he is looking for a reason to leave and get out of child support. Who knows?

If my DH ever had doubts I'd gladly give him a DNA test just to throw it in his face. He has a good reason to believe he is not his bio kid but after reading more I don't consider it cheating. The test is just a mouth swab. It's quick and painless. Don't tell your DS the full details that his dad doesn't think he is his unless you feel like telling him th full story which is not something a 9 yr old needs to hear.  I would definitely give him the test because after 9 yrs it apparently still drives your DH nuts.

TheMrs407
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 7:02 AM

You should not explain this to your son, AT ALL.  Unless your DH really isn't his father there is not need for him to know about it.  You also need to explain to him that your DH is not upset with him.  Make something up if you have to, but under no circumstance should he be drug into this.

Have the paternity test done and see what.

xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 7:08 AM
O.o dafuq? That's silly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured