Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

bday disappointment :(( long...

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:52 PM
  • 77 Replies
1 mom liked this

so Monday is my bday. Like the BIG one, no i wont tell you missy! and its not 21 either... i wish.

Anyway, my parents volunteered to watch the kids this saturday night so dh and i can go eat at my favorite resurant, yay! So we have sdd this weekend, so dh said no. No we are not going to dinner. WHAT? My parents have watched sdd for us before, they love her and she loves them. I asked why and his reply was "she'll get bored." Really? Dh and my dad are best buds, his is not boring. But he may teach the girls how to lasso us....

So i said fine. You can sit home with sdd and i will go out while my dad watches the other kids. I called and made plans with my sisters. Now dh is pissed. He said i should just go to the Ren Fair with him and the kids for my bday on sunday. Haha, i would like to go, but im not going to miss my oppurtunity to go out for my bday. YDD is 10 mo and i have been out 4 times since shes been born, not like its all the time. I am only going to dinner... whats the big friggen deal? Going to the REn fair is going to be work for me. I will be chasing 3 kids around while he drinks beer from metal cups and eats turkey legs.

He is also going kayaking on mothers day. without me. am i being sensitive or is he about to trade me in for a newer model? 

sorry for typos, on mobile with shattered screen. 

by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AprilJ24
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Go and enjoy your bday.
seksen
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:55 PM
2 moms liked this
I think you have every right to be hurt. I know I would be! Go enjoy yourself :)
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 1, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

elliem87
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Do what you want, it's your birthday!! Enjoy and he will get over it
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Have fun with your sis celebrating your B'day. He sucks in the celebrations for you dept. Sorry.

mers-mom
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be upset as well. Haha... just took me four times to type well because my color nook has a shattered screen as well! Good for you for making plans that make you happy even if you wont be spendig them with him. Go celebrate the way you want!
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 1, 2013 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Just remember that when we become parents, we make sacrifices and sometimes we get a smaller piece of the pie than we wanted. I also have to choose between a holiday and my birthday yearly, too.

Make the best of it and INSIST on something for YOURSELF.

Just enjoy your birthday, silly girl.
(*whispers* Happy 30th....) 

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8.gif
leakymommy
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:57 PM

yay damn right ill cry if i want to!! lol!!

Quoting OwlNuggets:

leakymommy
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM

NOOOOOOO!!!! LOL! odd tells her friends im 19. scares the hell outta their parents!

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Just remember that when we become parents, we make sacrifices and sometimes we get a smaller piece of the pie than we wanted. I also have to choose between a holiday and my birthday yearly, too.

Just enjoy your birthday, silly girl.
(*whispers* Happy 30th....) 

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Are you near Charlottesville VA? If you are I will take you to your bday dinner, my treat.

I would be livid if DH did this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)