Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She can't fit a 00!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dd is so super tiny. When she was 15 she was 112 but now at 17 she is 101. She tried a dress on today. It was a double 00 and it was too big! Seriously?! It's getting so hard to shop for her because of how small she is.

Did anyone else have this problem? Or your kids? It's frustrating.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 1, 2013 at 9:11 PM
That's strange, maybe my ass and hips are just bigger lol I can't fit a size 0 over my ass.
All the jeans I have are size 1 and all my size 1 shorts are to tight this year so I moved up to size 2 in shorts, it's my thighs lol. I still wear xs in most shirts, small - medium depending on style.

Goes to show every body is shaped differently. lol
I'm also 5'1

Quoting Anonymous:

My friend who's 5'1" weighes between 90 and 100 lbs and she is a 00.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dresses tend to run larger than the size that it claims to be, you have to go to certain stores to find a match.

101 isn't a size 00 unless she's super tall. I'm 91 pounds and I'm a size 1 or size 2 depending on brand.

I don't know if they have this store in your state but here there is a store for very small bodies called 5*7*9

target and Walmart have small dresses that should fit also.

I have been this size since middle school lol it used to be very hard to find 0's 1's and 2's back in the day but in the last few years most stores now carry them more then they used to.

Try target:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 9:11 PM
She was in the dressing room when she said it so I didn't see an eye roll but I definitely heard one.

Hell, you could read the eye roll from my reply! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I bet there was an eye roll in there too, huh? Lol. Teens are so funny.

Quoting Anonymous:

I told her she needed to gain a little weight and she just said "yeah no thank you"

Quoting Anonymous:

Stick her on BC, she will gain weight. Lol. I was the opposite when I was her age, I was fat. You can help her gain weight by giving her those boost drinks or ensure..or by drinking slim fast with meals (not in place of meals, with them).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 1, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I have the same problem with my 10 yr old. We buy him slim and skinny, just to have pants fit properly. But if dh's family and the men in my family are any indication, he'll fill out. Lol

Quoting -42-:

My almost thirteen year old son is about 5'5 and weighs 107 pounds, which is heavy for him.

I buy him skinny jeans and they fit him better than regular ones, but are no where near tight.

hip2it
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:13 PM
I was a 00 in hs and had to have everything altered to fit. Now I'm a zero and still have to have a lot of things altered to fit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 1, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Very likely. She is tiny, always has been.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's strange, maybe my ass and hips are just bigger lol I can't fit a size 0 over my ass.

All the jeans I have are size 1 and all my size 1 shorts are to tight this year so I moved up to size 2 in shorts, it's my thighs lol. I still wear xs in most shirts, small - medium depending on style.

Goes to show every body is shaped differently. lol

I'm also 5'1

Quoting Anonymous:

My friend who's 5'1" weighes between 90 and 100 lbs and she is a 00.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dresses tend to run larger than the size that it claims to be, you have to go to certain stores to find a match.

101 isn't a size 00 unless she's super tall. I'm 91 pounds and I'm a size 1 or size 2 depending on brand.

I don't know if they have this store in your state but here there is a store for very small bodies called 5*7*9

I have been this size since middle school lol it used to be very hard to find 0's 1's and 2's back in the day but in the last few years most stores now carry them more then they used to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Yes. It was a high end store that we tried first, White House black market. The dress was 160 and it was pretty plain lol then the shoes she tried on with it were 118. I consider it high end lol

We tried another store that wasn't high end, cotton on, and the XS tshirt was swallowing her whole.

Quoting TheMrs407:

I didn't hit 100 lbs until college. I still wear a "0-2". My seamstress agrees that many companies are size marketing ( or whatever it's called). Have you tried a higher end store? They tend to run smaller. Her height and weight don't sound too off especially at her age.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 1, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Lmao. Exactly why I had to ask. I could just read it in the reply. Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

She was in the dressing room when she said it so I didn't see an eye roll but I definitely heard one.

Hell, you could read the eye roll from my reply! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I told her she needed to gain a little weight and she just said "yeah no thank you"

Quoting Anonymous:

Stick her on BC, she will gain weight. Lol. I was the opposite when I was her age, I was fat. You can help her gain weight by giving her those boost drinks or ensure..or by drinking slim fast with meals (not in place of meals, with them).
curious1145
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:14 PM
This is actually NOT funny. If she can't fit in a 00 dress,she is likely dangerously underweight and her comment does make it sound like she could have an eating disorder or at least a very unhealthy obsession with being extremely thin.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 1, 2013 at 9:14 PM
I wonder if they have a web site?

Also mall clothes too usually have small sizes.

I have gotten a lot of cute dresses and skirts in the girls section lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Target stuff doesn't fit her well at all...maybe you guys just have different body types. Their stuff is often baggy on her. She has a cardigan that was supposed to be a small but it comes half way down her thigh and doesn't fit snugly.

I actually used to shop at 5-7-9 when I was a teenager! Lmao we got her one pair of jeans from there that fit great but the shop has since

Closed down in our area :(

Quoting Anonymous:

chane_L
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:14 PM

my dd is 5'6½ " and 96lbs she has alot of issues finding the right fit ( we just get everything tailored for her)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN