Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She can't fit a 00!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dd is so super tiny. When she was 15 she was 112 but now at 17 she is 101. She tried a dress on today. It was a double 00 and it was too big! Seriously?! It's getting so hard to shop for her because of how small she is.

Did anyone else have this problem? Or your kids? It's frustrating.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Replies (31-40):
mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:15 PM
My sister did.
lazydayz
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:16 PM

does she have a tape worm or a digestive disorder? 

cLanief
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:17 PM
I had a friend who was like that.. sickly thin and extremely tall.... and then she hit adult and BOOM curves and looking stunning and healthy. Still tall and skinny but a healthy looking skinny.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 9:17 PM
That's what I'm afraid of. Dd pays for most of her clothes and I hate for her to have to pay extra to make it fit.

But at the same time, I'm fairly certain she has a shopping addiction that I refuse to contribute to lol

Quoting chane_L:

my dd is 5'6½ " and 96lbs she has alot of issues finding the right fit ( we just get everything tailored for her)

TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Try Banana Republic. I'm not too far off her height and weight (5ft 105). They have xxs petites. The xxs is too small for me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. It was a high end store that we tried first, White House black market. The dress was 160 and it was pretty plain lol then the shoes she tried on with it were 118. I consider it high end lol

We tried another store that wasn't high end, cotton on, and the XS tshirt was swallowing her whole.

Quoting TheMrs407:

I didn't hit 100 lbs until college. I still wear a "0-2". My seamstress agrees that many companies are size marketing ( or whatever it's called). Have you tried a higher end store? They tend to run smaller. Her height and weight don't sound too off especially at her age.
curious1145
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:17 PM
That sounds dangerously skinny. Is his doctor worried about him?

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I have a 14 year old son that is 5'2" that weighs 66 lbs. Finding him jeans is nearly impossible. I have to get him the super skinnys and they look like baggy jeans on him.

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I've got the opposite problem with our about-to-be 13-year-old.  She's already almost 5'9", wears a size 10.5/11 shoe, weighs about 130 and wears a size 3 juniors.  Not fat, just tall, lanky and larger bones.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Not that I know of...she seems fine.

Quoting lazydayz:

does she have a tape worm or a digestive disorder? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Not small...anorexic,  Get her treatment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Same here, I've been the same size since middle school, even after 2 kids. I used to get picked on for being skinny when I was younger. I grew a few curves after high-school so even though I weigh the same, I appear less small I guess, so now people don't assume I have an eating disorder anymore lol.

Al least the ones who know me lol stranger still judge though. It doesn't bother me anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

Very likely. She is tiny, always has been.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's strange, maybe my ass and hips are just bigger lol I can't fit a size 0 over my ass.

All the jeans I have are size 1 and all my size 1 shorts are to tight this year so I moved up to size 2 in shorts, it's my thighs lol. I still wear xs in most shirts, small - medium depending on style.

Goes to show every body is shaped differently. lol

I'm also 5'1

Quoting Anonymous:

My friend who's 5'1" weighes between 90 and 100 lbs and she is a 00.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dresses tend to run larger than the size that it claims to be, you have to go to certain stores to find a match.

101 isn't a size 00 unless she's super tall. I'm 91 pounds and I'm a size 1 or size 2 depending on brand.

I don't know if they have this store in your state but here there is a store for very small bodies called 5*7*9

target and Walmart have small dresses that should fit also.

I have been this size since middle school lol it used to be very hard to find 0's 1's and 2's back in the day but in the last few years most stores now carry them more then they used to.

Try target:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)