Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She can't fit a 00!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dd is so super tiny. When she was 15 she was 112 but now at 17 she is 101. She tried a dress on today. It was a double 00 and it was too big! Seriously?! It's getting so hard to shop for her because of how small she is.

Did anyone else have this problem? Or your kids? It's frustrating.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 1, 2013 at 9:19 PM
We actually went in there too! She didn't try anything on though. We were looking for a semi formal dress but they didn't have what we wanted. It was more business skirt, blazers, and sweaters. I'll tell her to try there for casual clothes though.

Quoting TheMrs407:

Try Banana Republic. I'm not too far off her height and weight (5ft 105). They have xxs petites. The xxs is too small for me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. It was a high end store that we tried first, White House black market. The dress was 160 and it was pretty plain lol then the shoes she tried on with it were 118. I consider it high end lol

We tried another store that wasn't high end, cotton on, and the XS tshirt was swallowing her whole.

Quoting TheMrs407:

I didn't hit 100 lbs until college. I still wear a "0-2". My seamstress agrees that many companies are size marketing ( or whatever it's called). Have you tried a higher end store? They tend to run smaller. Her height and weight don't sound too off especially at her age.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Actually she is only a little under weight, if at all. I am only 2in shorter and a healthy weight for me is between 90 and like 130lbs.

Quoting curious1145:

This is actually NOT funny. If she can't fit in a 00 dress,she is likely dangerously underweight and her comment does make it sound like she could have an eating disorder or at least a very unhealthy obsession with being extremely thin.

Quoting Anonymous:

I bet there was an eye roll in there too, huh? Lol. Teens are so funny.

Quoting Anonymous:

I told her she needed to gain a little weight and she just said "yeah no thank you"

Quoting Anonymous:

Stick her on BC, she will gain weight. Lol. I was the opposite when I was her age, I was fat. You can help her gain weight by giving her those boost drinks or ensure..or by drinking slim fast with meals (not in place of meals, with them).

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Then maybe she just a high metabolism... Im jelly lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Not that I know of...she seems fine.

Quoting lazydayz:

does she have a tape worm or a digestive disorder? 

MamaBurmie
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:20 PM
When i was 8-16 it was incredibly hard to shop for me. I was very tiny and super tall nothing fit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Years I looked it up and 5*7*9 has a website. You will just have to order her clothes lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 9:21 PM
My cousin is like that too..so jealous lol
KristenandCaleb
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I did when I was young. I remember when I was a teen I tried on a bikini and it fit great. I asked my mom what 2T meant and apparently it was a toddlers bikini. hahaha good thing I have boobs now.

TheMrs407
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Oh, yeah I don't remember seeing anything very formal. At least not for a 17 year old.

Quoting Anonymous:

We actually went in there too! She didn't try anything on though. We were looking for a semi formal dress but they didn't have what we wanted. It was more business skirt, blazers, and sweaters. I'll tell her to try there for casual clothes though.

Quoting TheMrs407:

Try Banana Republic. I'm not too far off her height and weight (5ft 105). They have xxs petites. The xxs is too small for me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. It was a high end store that we tried first, White House black market. The dress was 160 and it was pretty plain lol then the shoes she tried on with it were 118. I consider it high end lol

We tried another store that wasn't high end, cotton on, and the XS tshirt was swallowing her whole.

Quoting TheMrs407:

I didn't hit 100 lbs until college. I still wear a "0-2". My seamstress agrees that many companies are size marketing ( or whatever it's called). Have you tried a higher end store? They tend to run smaller. Her height and weight don't sound too off especially at her age.
Roo1234
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:22 PM

My daughter is currently 5'1" and 75 pounds (she is 13 and natually thin--she gets it from her dad's side).  

We alter every pair of pants and finding a dress that she feels is long enough (and modest enough) is all but impossible.  She has a huge upcoming event and we will have to have her sice 00 dress altered about 3 or 4 inches.

Fjamrkr
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:23 PM
When a friend of mine had a hard time finding jeans, she went to the girl's section. She could only find shorts that weren't too short but she just wore sweats in the winter.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured