Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She can't fit a 00!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dd is so super tiny. When she was 15 she was 112 but now at 17 she is 101. She tried a dress on today. It was a double 00 and it was too big! Seriously?! It's getting so hard to shop for her because of how small she is.

Did anyone else have this problem? Or your kids? It's frustrating.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Replies (51-60):
TrouserMouse
by Emerald Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Yes and no. We have been battling his weight his entire life. He was born with heart problems, but they can't explain why his weight continues to be a problem. They thought his body would not hit his teen growth spurt due to having excessively low body fat, but he is getting taller pretty rapidly. He still isn't gaining weight though. He is healthy considering his history and his low weight.

Quoting curious1145:

That sounds dangerously skinny. Is his doctor worried about him?

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I have a 14 year old son that is 5'2" that weighs 66 lbs. Finding him jeans is nearly impossible. I have to get him the super skinnys and they look like baggy jeans on him.

kimmykat222
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:24 PM
I'm 25 now and until about two years ago I was always a 00... It wasn't too hard finding clothes because there is a store called 579 that always carried a ton of 00s
twinners.mama
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:26 PM
I'm 5'5" and I was 110lbs . I was also dancing full time with a pre professional company and I was mostly muscle. I had some problems with clothes. I could fit into a girls (kids) xl forever. My mom would jyst take me to the mall and we would shop/let me try on tons of stuff until I found a few things that fit and that I felt comfortable in. I'm so thankful with how patient she always has been with me.
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I do and have to hem in things all the time. When I was skinny it was because of being short and thin. Know I am in between sizes and short. I just learned how to take things in.

OxbAbIebxO
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Ann Taylor also carries those sizes, just another option.

Quoting TheMrs407:

Try Banana Republic. I'm not too far off her height and weight (5ft 105). They have xxs petites. The xxs is too small for me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. It was a high end store that we tried first, White House black market. The dress was 160 and it was pretty plain lol then the shoes she tried on with it were 118. I consider it high end lol

We tried another store that wasn't high end, cotton on, and the XS tshirt was swallowing her whole.

Quoting TheMrs407:

I didn't hit 100 lbs until college. I still wear a "0-2". My seamstress agrees that many companies are size marketing ( or whatever it's called). Have you tried a higher end store? They tend to run smaller. Her height and weight don't sound too off especially at her age.

TheMrs407
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Ann Taylor is a tad big on me and they are very limited unless you order online. Speaking of, The Limited xs fits me well, but I'm a tad bigger and probably wear them a bit bigger...since I'm no longer 17..... ;)

Quoting OxbAbIebxO:

Quoting TheMrs407:

Try Banana Republic. I'm not too far off her height and weight (5ft 105). They have xxs petites. The xxs is too small for me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. It was a high end store that we tried first, White House black market. The dress was 160 and it was pretty plain lol then the shoes she tried on with it were 118. I consider it high end lol

We tried another store that wasn't high end, cotton on, and the XS tshirt was swallowing her whole.

Quoting TheMrs407:

I didn't hit 100 lbs until college. I still wear a "0-2". My seamstress agrees that many companies are size marketing ( or whatever it's called). Have you tried a higher end store? They tend to run smaller. Her height and weight don't sound too off especially at her age.

OxbAbIebxO
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Yeah that's weird, I work there and I find there sizes to be off. I wear a 2 in pants, and a 00petite in most dresses (because I'm only 5ft lol) some dresses I can wear a regular 0 if I want them longer. Dress shopping is a pain in the ass.

Also maybe try the Loft since it is for a 17 year old and Loft tends to be a little more casual/younger client.

Quoting TheMrs407:

Ann Taylor is a tad big on me and they are very limited unless you order online. Speaking of, The Limited xs fits me well, but I'm a tad bigger and probably wear them a bit bigger...since I'm no longer 17..... ;)

Quoting OxbAbIebxO:

Quoting TheMrs407:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TheMrs407:

mommieof3_752
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I just have things altered to fit me. My DH grandma and my grandma are seamstresses so its free for me to have it done. They are so good at it I can buy almost anything and they can make it fit my tiny frame..lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 9:52 PM

My SIL had to wear underwear from the little girls department until she got pregnant at 23. She was really happy once they started having a bigger selection. The smallest adult underwear was too big. 

I forget where she had to shop for clothes. I know zeros were always huge on her. She finally hit 100lbs at 23 as well. Most of high school she was 86 max

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 1, 2013 at 9:52 PM
I was like that. I had to shop in petite sizes. I'm 5ft 5, so sometimes things would be short.

Also, I noticed that stores like Target and Walmart have sizes that run differently than the more expensive stores. I would always have more luck with those.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured