Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why did you choose the names for your kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

I just wanted to do a fun little post lol. When you were picking names for your kids did you go through books and search or did you use family names? Dh and I decided to go with family names. My mom had a cousin who passed when she was a teenager and her name was Raquel. I thought it would be nice to have another Raquel name. For dd's middle names we used my moms middle name and my grandmas first name. I like hearing about how some picked out the names. 

♥a marines baby girl♥
I'm a Marine's baby girl and I'll always be
Giving up precious time so we can all be free
But still I'm the baby girl of a United States Marine
Even before that day I was born
My daddy has worn that elite uniform
Khaki and green with dog tags to wear
No matter what, I know my daddy will always be there
When he returns fr
om work I nestle in his arms
Protecting me from the surrounding world and any type of harm
He might look scary and sometimes even mean
But here's my little secret, he's a softy for his baby girl even as a Marine
I wear my pink as my daddy wears his blues
My daddy knows why he is Semper Fi
You may call him leatherneck, jar head, devil dog and many other things
But I call him daddy 'cause that's what he'll always be to me.

by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Replies (61-70):
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on May. 1, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Arlo (dads name) crysler (dads middle name) george (moms maiden name)
Xzavier (king if the gypsys in on of.my favorite books) galileo (i.love astronomy) dee (his paternal uncles middle name)
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on May. 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Meaning. The names had to have a good meaning. Then I liked to have a theme in the family names.

June3May4June3
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:45 PM

My oldest has my grandmother's first name (Emma). For her middle name I chose a few that sounded good with our last name and my dh picked one (Kathleen). My younger dd's name is Anelise Marie. I had always liked the name Anelise and Marie is my mother's middle name. I later found out that my dd shares a name with Anne Frank. My ds is named after my fil who passed away 2 years ago (Paul Franklin).

emmypaige
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM
DS1 was a name I liked for years I didn't really even ask DH for input, but luckily he liked it too. DS2 is named after DH's grandfather. DDs name we chose together after months of looking through baby names.
Clubpenguin
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM
First ds name had 4 letters, second ds has 5, third baby's name had 6. So when number 4 came came we only thought of names with 7 letters. All their middle names are after relatives.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM
My Mama named all of her kids from the Bible and our middle names after the middle names of our grandparents. DH and I found our daughter's name in a baby book. We had negotiations, narrowing down the list of boy and girl names. When she was born and we found out it was a girl, we eliminated all of the boy names. After spending some time with her, we knew which name was hers...Meliah. She has my middle name.
babygirl_1012
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM

The meaning behind my daughters name is I love you (Nayeli)  my princess (Sarai). Once I heard what her names meant, I knew I had to name her that. I also wanted her name to be different/unique, but something regular people can say.

JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM

family names. my boys are William Patrick & Daniel Francis.

DH is William Francis Jr.

I am Caitlin Danielle

And my mother is Patricia

hence where we got all the names! so glad we are done having kids. Boy names are rough an we have ran out!

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:31 AM

The first was named after my grandma, dh named the second. Im not fond of his choice but I agreed he could name the second one when we had the first because I didnt expect to have anymore, it back fired lol.

mshill12
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Zachary Tyler (8yrs) Was because my ex husbands mother kept calling my unborn child Zacharia, Tyler just seemed to fit.

Dominic Andru (7yrs) was because my favorite WWE wrestler at the time was Ray Mysterio and his sons name is Dominic and again Andru just seemed to fit.

Jayden Louis (almost 2) Was orrignally suppose to be named Dickson Louis, Dickson being my grandfathers middle name and Louis being my Dads middle name.  No one liked Dickson and kept telling me my son would be picked on so I picked a name I liked and he got Jayden and kept my dads middle.

Dustin Mathew (7 months) I wated Mathew James (2 books out of the bible) but hubbys dad being James Sr, Hubby James Jr, and Step son James III hubby said there were too many James in the family already.  So my husband picked Dustin and let me keep Mathew.

For our future daughter (if we ever decide to try for a girl) We picked Destiny Faith.  Destiny because we believe our relationship was our destinty and our daughter should get that name.  I'm not a fan of faith because of faith hill.  Good singer yes but last name happens to be hill so I think if we use faith it would be like we are naming her after a country singer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN