Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you not have time to cook a homemade meal?

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM
  • 374 Replies
8 moms liked this
Quite often I've seen people say they feed their kids microwave dinners and Kraft Mac and Cheese rather than something healthy because its quick and cheap.

You can make quick healthy meals that are budget friendly. Dinner usually takes me 30 minutes at the most to make. Even crockpot meals are typically 15 minutes max to prep.

That's just my little observation for the day. Carry on ladies.
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on May. 1, 2013 at 10:31 PM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Domestic.Godess
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:33 PM
6 moms liked this
Exactly! Junk food causes all sorts of health problems later in life.

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 1, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
School gets out at 3:30. Dd doesn't get home til 4:30. Soccer from 6-7 for oldest and 7-8 for youngest. It's a 20 min drive. We leave at 5:30. Home work has to get done at some point. Eating at home isn't always an option.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2013 at 10:35 PM
3 moms liked this
Okay so after working for 8- 12 hrs a day in a physically exhausting work place, then running around topick up kids, I get home around 4-7 bed times at 9-10 sometimes I would prefer to make something easy and cheap so we have more time to hang out, and i can relax. As long as its only 1 or 2xs a week wtfs the problem?
Domestic.Godess
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Why not eat early like at 4:45?
Then do a light snack between soccer times.

Quoting Anonymous:

School gets out at 3:30. Dd doesn't get home til 4:30. Soccer from 6-7 for oldest and 7-8 for youngest. It's a 20 min drive. We leave at 5:30. Home work has to get done at some point. Eating at home isn't always an option.

Vipergirl22
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Doesn't always work out like that. We eat out when we do our shopping. So every two weeks. After that I try to cook at home. Not always about time for me, sometimes I just don't want to cook. Good for you though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 1, 2013 at 10:40 PM
13 moms liked this

Shelhead
by Michelle on May. 1, 2013 at 10:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Most of the time as soon as we get in the car at daycare, my 3 yr old is complaining he's hungry. So waiting 30+ minutes isn't always an option if there's not leftovers. Other times I forget to take whatever protein out of the freezer and so nothing is quick to make. Judge however you want to, but its just not always possible.

Eta: ODS still doesn't eat junk. It might be fruit, cheesestik/yogurt and bowl of cereal/chicken nuggets/waffles/bagels

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:42 PM
4 moms liked this

Not everyone knows how to cook or is good at it. When you're not good at it, it takes longer.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:42 PM
14 moms liked this
Because not everyone is a domestic goddess. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)