Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Sister Raised LOSERS

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:43 PM
  • 54 Replies
1 mom liked this

My oldest sister has three kids. Boy (20) , girl (17), and girl (14). She has always kept a very dirty house. Ran up electric and gas bills in each of their names so now she can't even get gas turned on in any of the five of their names (Her's, her husband's or any of the three children of hers). 

The boy dropped out of high school and never graduated. The middle girl has now decided she no longer wants to finish high school and is bragging about being able to stay home in her pjs all the time and do nothing. The youngest is soon to follow in the others foot steps. 

My Sister says there is nothing she can do to make them go to school. The boy still lives with her and has no desire to get a job. Sleeps all day and can't even hardly read.

I personally have nothing nice to say to her and resent the fact that she didn't raise m nieces and nephew better. The rest of my family blames the kids for not wanting to do better, but I can't help but stick up for them because I feel it is my sister's fault that they choose to not make better lives for themselves. 

How can anyone allow themselves to raise children under such a bad example?! I don't go around them anymore, because I can never think of anything nice to say in her presence. I just want to tell her how big of a POS she really is!

by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SincerelyMine
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Stop complaining and step in. Those are your relatives. Set a good example for the 14yo and threaten to have your sister is arrested for neglect if she allows the 17yo to be truant. The 20yo is still young so talk to him about a ged program and the benefits. Instead of complaining, help them. By doing nothing, you're just as bad as your sister
sthflachk
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:48 PM
What she said

Quoting SincerelyMine:

Stop complaining and step in. Those are your relatives. Set a good example for the 14yo and threaten to have your sister is arrested for neglect if she allows the 17yo to be truant. The 20yo is still young so talk to him about a ged program and the benefits. Instead of complaining, help them. By doing nothing, you're just as bad as your sister
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 1, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Yup...

Quoting SincerelyMine:

lucydiamond
by LD on May. 1, 2013 at 10:48 PM
3 moms liked this

Calling them losers doesn't really paint a picture of a loving and concerned aunt.

LiliM
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:50 PM

That's so sad for the kids.  They have no example of how to behave.  I always get stuck on the parents who put utilities in their kids' names because their own credit is so fucked they can't even get an electric company o provide them service.  And that's going to be on the kids' financial history too.  It's nauseating.

The first poster has a good thought.  Can you step in and help the kids?  As sad as this is, if they don't want it, you probably won't be much good.  You could call the school district and see what their truancy policy is.

Sadly, unless CPS sees this as neglect, and I often think that each county does their own thing, as do each of the case workers, so who knows what is going to be seen as neglect, you won't be able to step in because legally, you are not able to be responsible for the kids.

It's worth a call to CPS and the school district, though.

MamaSwan001
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Your a winner.. If your so concerned why don't you step in?
MommyDearest555
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Thank you for being the first responder. I understand why you are saying what you are. I tried not to make the post too long so that people didn't want to read it and would talk to me about this. 

I have had my own place to live since I was 16 & I have always, up until the last four years, had the kids stay with me on the weekends and stuff trying to show them the way their mother and father lives is not the right way to live. As of four years ago this died down a bit as I got married and started my own family. 

My nephew and I have always been close bc we are only 4 years apart and I have talked to him multiple times with all possibilities in life and he would just rather sit around and do nothing. His mother let him be in slower classes all through the schooling he did go through bc she said he NEEDED extra help. Well he did, but not like that. He needed his parents to care about his education!

The school has said they do not want the 17 yr old there if she doesn't want to be there and no longer is enforcing the truant policy the way I remember it. I don't get it, but that has been tried. :( I have personally spoken with the 17 yr old and other family members have too. We really thought out of the three that she was the one that would pull out of this horrid upbringing the best and now it doesn't look to be that way.

The 14 yr old is extremely unreasonable. There is NO talking to her and she never wants to leave her mother's side. Always has been that way. 

I've tried and tried I really have and I am just at my whits end, so I needed some one other than family to talk to about it. Sorry if I seem horrid - CPS has been called on her SO many times through the years and they have never done anything about it! They clean up the house and get bare minimum things for a little while then go back to the same ol thing.

Quoting SincerelyMine:

Aprilaaw85
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM

My cousins are the same way. in and out of jail constantly.

MommyDearest555
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I put that to get people to read it. I understand what you are saying and I am sorry it looks that way. I just needed someone to talk to other than family about the situation and I figured more people would read it if I put something like that. Really though, they aren't going to be very successful in life if they continue on the paths they have all chosen and it is extremely sad. If you want to talk to me more about this and offer a little more insight, please read what I responded to the first woman that wrote to me. I was trying not to make the post too long that people wouldn't read it.

Quoting lucydiamond:

Calling them losers doesn't really paint a picture of a loving and concerned aunt.

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Correction. Your sister is a loser. You're welcome. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN