Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

From Birth Child/ren Need Stranger/s As Much As They Need A Mother & Father

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

From birth a child needs stranger/s as much as they need a Mother & Father. So if a baby is born sick or premature, and mom or dad can't always be with their baby, a stranger/s, like nurses and cuddlers should be able to cuddle a baby/babies in the neonatal unit.

a cuddler/s who have been told by the nurses they can cuddle a baby/babies in the neonatal unit. should be able to cuddle a baby/babies in the neonatal unit, without permission from the mother and father of the child. for a mother/father to refuse volunteer cuddlers, cuddles with their infant/s in the neonatal unit. makes that mother/father selfish.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
macysmom
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Slashes are obviously your friend. I sort of agree with you though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diva-Mami
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:04 AM
O.o
kelly617
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Um...have you lost your mind?
A baby does NOT need strangers as much as they need mom or dad.

And yes...I think ANYONE that wants to touch the baby other than a CERTIFIED NURSE or DOCTOR should need parents permission.
My son was in NICU for three days and you can be damned sure that no random ass person was in his room "cuddling" him instead of me or dad

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:24 AM

....when my daughter was in the NICU, we were only able to hold her for a total of about an hour and a half every day. I would have slapped someone if they'd taken the time away from me. I spent every day waiting on the hour that I could hold her.

annelauer
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this
What on earth are you talking about?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)