Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH was bi**hing at me so I went off on him... Who is right?

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:05 AM
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: Who is right? Who should apologize first?

Options:

DH is wrong for getting mad over nothing,

OP is wrong for snapping.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

Soooo... DH was out of town and  had school so I took the van to school, and when I left school I called him and he asked what my plans were. I told him I had to stop by the store because I had to pee really bad] anyway and didn't feel like climbing the stairs at school (I haven't been feeling well at all, maybe I'm pregnant, idk). He said ok and we got off the phone.

I went to the store to pee and then remembered I needed a couple things and that was it, I left and went to get gas.

I filled up the car, and this guy is there with this windshield stuff for chips and what not. I was gonna ignore him but he said it wouldn't cost me anything so I was like, whatever, since dh was still out of town and the kids weren't out of school and I had NOTHING else going on. Besides, where I live I have to take Route 66, which is only one lane each way and goes by a couple huge cement factories, whose trucks always throw rocks at my van when I am unfortunate enough to get stuck behind them.

Windshield guy finds three chips, and shows them to me and offers to fix them. I know that a few chips can turn into huge cracks and replacing a windshield is expensive so I say ok. Besides, he said my full coverage will cover it with no charge to me, and it won't affect the premiums. I talk to the insurance and find he is right so I'm good.

I get home, call dh and tell him, and he starts laying into me! I told him it won't cost us anything, and he just starts going on and on about how I said I was gonna go home and somehow was JUST getting there and how I got solicited and let some guy work on the windshield and he's all mad that I had to talk to the insurance company. I got really angry (I have been a little emotional lately), and I told him he doesn't get to scream at me from 100 miles away for no reason at all. I said it didn't cost us anything, it needed to be done, it's my car too (I am the main person who drives it btw), and that if he has such a big problem with me making decisions then he needs to bring his ass home because I don't have to deal with this shit!

SO, who is wrong? Who should apologize first? Was I out of line? BecauseI feel kind of justified, but I hate to argue.

by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leakymommy
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:07 AM
He should be happy you took the time to do it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 2, 2013 at 1:07 AM

He's being an ass..

weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:08 AM
2 moms liked this
I think you're both wrong.
MsMcWithey
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Quoting leakymommy:

That's what I was thinking, because what if I hit a bump and it cracked? My insurance has a $250 deductible if the windshield has to be replaced, but no charge if it just needs the chips repaired, which was all it needed.

smorgan865
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Wellll....the whole windshield thing sounds extremely scam-like. So I kind of agree with your DH on this one. He maybe didn't handle it very well, but I would be mad at that same scenario. (Like the one time DH almost bought into Home Security from a door to door saleskid. Ummm, can we say RED FLAG?!?!?!?!)
MsMcWithey
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:11 AM

LOL I told him that too. I guess we are both a little off lately...

Quoting Anonymous:

He's being an ass..

MsMcWithey
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:14 AM

I thought about that too, but I DID talk to my insurance company and they said it was covered and emailed a copy of the order. But even then, I think if he would have told me THAT instead of going off I might have been a little more receptive... He is gonna be home soon, so I was trying to figure out what to do before then.

Quoting smorgan865:

Wellll....the whole windshield thing sounds extremely scam-like. So I kind of agree with your DH on this one. He maybe didn't handle it very well, but I would be mad at that same scenario. (Like the one time DH almost bought into Home Security from a door to door saleskid. Ummm, can we say RED FLAG?!?!?!?!)

leakymommy
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Maybe he was cranky from his trip :/ sorry girlfriend.

Quoting MsMcWithey:

Quoting leakymommy:

That's what I was thinking, because what if I hit a bump and it cracked? My insurance has a $250 deductible if the windshield has to be replaced, but no charge if it just needs the chips repaired, which was all it needed.

VinVanMom
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this

It isn't a scam. Mine was fixed that way my insurance covered it. They are just drumming up business..

MsMcWithey
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:15 AM

We both could have handled it better I suppose.

Quoting weezer_cookie:

I think you're both wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN