Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

NOW my "dad" wants a favor?

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:09 AM
  • 18 Replies

a lil back story...so my dad and i didnt start actually speaking until i was about 19 years old. he chose to be absent, but i chose to try to get to know him once i got older. I am 26 now. but at 24, i got pregnant with ds, and he decided he was not going to speak to me anymore, because i was not yet married to my now dh. randomly about 6 months ago, i got a request from him on fb, and i accepted, so he could still see pics of my kiddos, but we still didnt talk much. now, all he will do is like my status, or comment on how great of a mother i am, and how i "definitely learned it from my dad" haha.... but anyway. i havent spoken to my dad, outside of fb since our falling out when i was 24 years old.

so today, he, out of the blue, texts dh's phone. he says "Hi, i need a family reference for my job. but IF they call you, you know NOTHING, other than the fact that i have lived in AZ since 2008." which, for one, is not true. he has lived literally all over the country since then. and two, this man hasn't spoken to me, and now wants me to cover up for him, when i dont even know what im covering up. (my dad has a pretty dirty past)

am i wrong for wanting nothing to do with this situation?

by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:13 AM
9 moms liked this

send him a message back... "I wouldn't put me down, if I were you, I am not a good liar, nor do I intend to be one."

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd tell him no way

Love the previous posters response too.
NewMamaBoo
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Don't do shit for him

LiliM
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this

"I don't feel comfortable being a reference.  Please do not use me as one."

And say nothing else.  If he does...well, you were upfront.  I'd tell the truth.

SJG1013
by SJG on May. 2, 2013 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't do anything for him. But understand if you don't do this I assume he will have nothing else to do with you for awhile. He seems like the type. I could be wrong though.
MAMAdoesHAIR
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:32 AM
1 mom liked this

im almost positive he will react by wanting nothing to do with me and my family. but i really, to be quite honest, dont care that much. i mean, hes been absent in my life, and now in my kids lives as well.. except on fb lol. so honestly, what do i have to lose, right?

Quoting SJG1013:

I wouldn't do anything for him. But understand if you don't do this I assume he will have nothing else to do with you for awhile. He seems like the type. I could be wrong though.

SJG1013
by SJG on May. 2, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Exactly, you don't want someone who doesn't care about you or your family. Only seems to be using you. He has no right to ask anything from you.

Quoting MAMAdoesHAIR:

im almost positive he will react by wanting nothing to do with me and my family. but i really, to be quite honest, dont care that much. i mean, hes been absent in my life, and now in my kids lives as well.. except on fb lol. so honestly, what do i have to lose, right?

Quoting SJG1013:

MAMAdoesHAIR
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you mama. my mom always has instilled in me that family is family, no matter what, and she says to be loyal no matter how they treat you. ive always hated that, but as im debating telling my dad that i dont want to have anything to do with this, all i can hear in my head is my mom's voice haha.. so thank you ladies for making me feel less like a jerk :)

Quoting SJG1013:

Exactly, you don't want someone who doesn't care about you or your family. Only seems to be using you. He has no right to ask anything from you.

Quoting MAMAdoesHAIR:

Quoting SJG1013:

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Nope, I wouldn't touch that one.

SJG1013
by SJG on May. 2, 2013 at 2:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Glad I could help. I think in this situation your mom would understand. Make sure you stand your ground and don't let him make you feel bad or sorry in any which way. I disowned my mother 10 years ago and was the best thing I could have done.

Quoting MAMAdoesHAIR:

Thank you mama. my mom always has instilled in me that family is family, no matter what, and she says to be loyal no matter how they treat you. ive always hated that, but as im debating telling my dad that i dont want to have anything to do with this, all i can hear in my head is my mom's voice haha.. so thank you ladies for making me feel less like a jerk :)

Quoting SJG1013:

Quoting MAMAdoesHAIR:

Quoting SJG1013:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)