Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Fairy Glow Jars" EDIT

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:20 AM
  • 93 Replies

hey all, so i have been in a crafting handmaking mood recently. i just wanted to show off something that i made...yes I made it grandma!! he he

anyways heres a pic of the little fairy glow jars i made, i havent had a chance to 'charge' them in the sunlight and take a pic while they are glowing but here they are. oh and i think it looks a little lacking in something, maybe on top so if anyone has any ideas please let me know, i know there are so many creative women on here!

**EDIT: lol, this escalated quickly and for those who want to know how I juice the fairies, ill never tell! however there are a number of ways mere mortals can find out how to get the same effect on google, or pinterest, or whereever. thanks! 

-p-
“Of one hundred men, one will read the Bible; the ninety-nine will read the Christian.”
-Dwight Lyman Moody
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 3:21 AM
Looks interesting. How do you make them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RoseBlossom
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:21 AM

BUMP!

RoseBlossom
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:22 AM

i go to the glen and trap a few fairies and then i 'sprinkle' some juice out of them. as for the top and stuff, i just used some ribbon and tulle with some glitter glue

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

-p-
“Of one hundred men, one will read the Bible; the ninety-nine will read the Christian.”
-Dwight Lyman Moody
RoseBlossom
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:23 AM

BUMP!

SageAdvice
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 2, 2013 at 3:25 AM
1 mom liked this
we are all grown ups here can't you just tell us what the f*** a fairy is and how do you exactly juice it?

Quoting RoseBlossom:

i go to the glen and trap a few fairies and then i 'sprinkle' some juice out of them. as for the top and stuff, i just used some ribbon and tulle with some glitter glue

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

RoseBlossom
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:26 AM
2 moms liked this

that is definitley one way to make it, but that way looks horrible in my opinion and the glow only lasts for a few hours. i used glow in the dark paint in mine.

Quoting SageAdvice:

-p-
-Dwight Lyman Moody
oOoLeilanioOo
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 3:27 AM

Glue some pretty paper on top, or you can go more neutral and use a brown coffee filter to hide the top. 

RoseBlossom
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:28 AM
1 mom liked this

hahah, well i was trying to protect the centuries old secret but honestly...you have to pick them up and 'gently' ahem squeeze them until 'juice' comes out, unfortunately this doesnt leave much of the fairy left, so you must 'dispose' of the fairy afterwards

Quoting Anonymous:

we are all grown ups here can't you just tell us what the f*** a fairy is and how do you exactly juice it?

Quoting RoseBlossom:

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

-p-
-Dwight Lyman Moody
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 2, 2013 at 3:29 AM
wow so annoying. I'm glad somebody had the sense to post how you actually make these thanks for nothing

Quoting RoseBlossom:

hahah, well i was trying to protect the centuries old secret but honestly...you have to pick them up and 'gently' ahem squeeze them until 'juice' comes out, unfortunately this doesnt leave much of the fairy left, so you must 'dispose' of the fairy afterwards

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RoseBlossom:

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)