Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

to all you SAHM 's out there...

Posted by   + Show Post

by on May. 2, 2013 at 6:11 AM
Replies (121-127):
ssocalgirl6
by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:23 AM
While I don't get involved in the mommy wars and who has it harder, I do think any married working mom should be getting help from their husband. I do not think they should do what I do in the house by themselves.

Quoting lilbit53009:

yea but i do all that and work 40 hours a week...so again...i still don't see where a working mom doesn't deal with that

i make my son breakfast in the morning before school, then i make his lunch and snacks for the day to be packed (every single day). yes i leave the dishes in the sink but i still have to do them when i get home. then i make dinner (more dishes). the only extra dish on the weekends when we're home is the cup and plate from his lunch. my son has all his toys in buckets. he just dumps them out. wether he's home for a few hours after school or home all day long he dumps out the same amount of toys for the same amount of clean up. he's not allowed to go all over the house just messing with stuff. my jobs very flexible so i take off to attend meetings, i can work from home if he's sick or has no school, i can leave early for doctors appts or to pick him up from school if he's sick, etc. (he's only in preschool so now PTA yet...but i will join when he starts K1 in sept)

i don't have a yeard cause we live in the city so i wouldn't have to do that either way

but as you see...working moms often do do the same exact thing you do. we only have alot less time to do it in plus the stress and demand of our regular job

Quoting Snapdragon88:

Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with snacks inbetween, then you have to clean the kitchen a MILLION times a day. I don't have time to make a list... but keeping up with the house when you have small children in it every day and an infant to care for REALLY piles up. When everyone is home ALL day the upkeep is more difficult than when everyone is off to work or school or daycare every day. Also... the PTA kicks my ass, lol. I'm a SAHM (and must be bored, lol) so they hounded me to join. I have fundraisers and carnivals coming out the wazoo. And even the outside of the house is my responsibility. Mowing, gardening, trimming the bushes, pulling weeds, etc...

Like I said, I'm not complaining because I love my life. I just think it's silly to say you're doing both the job of a WM and a SAHM. It just doesn't make sense because they're two completely different lives. No one would have TIME to do it all.

Quoting lilbit53009:

i'm not trying to be a bitch...i'm just truely curious

what could possibly arise for a SAHM mom that would NEVER arise for a working mom?

Quoting Snapdragon88:

How in the world do you figure that? Makes no sense. I am THRILLED that I get to SAH. I would never compete with working moms simply because I don't give a shit and I have the life I want..... but for you to act like you do the job of both a SAHM and WM is completely misguided. It's impossible. You don't think any other duties arise for a SAHM other than dinner and nightly chores? Lol....

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, when you add up all the work I do it's more than 40 hours a week. I work outside my home 45 hours a week, just to come home and do house work, laundry, cook dinner, prep lunches for the next day, pay the bills and do school work with the kids. So I manage to do all the sahm work in 5 hours that some of them take all day to do. Super mom ;-)

Slickswifey10
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 11:23 AM
This but I do go to work when I want. 😊

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

im a spoiled house wife. if i dont feel like doing a damn thing, i don't do a damn thing. i go where i want, when i want, and have cash in hand.....

be jealous bitches! lmfao!

meg0620
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I prefer ice cream.
QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Meh.

I plan to sit on my ass and do nothing today
mikandwheezy
by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM

i wish! i dont sit down until after the girls go to bed. not sure how other sahms do it but im up on my feet playing, cleaning, doing whatever else from 8 am til 9 pm most days. except nap time i usually use that to relax if my cleaning is all done for that time, like it is now. but once they wake up it will be a disaster again haha. 

Diva-Mami
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Learned from the best
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM

ive lost 25 lbs since becomming a sahm. i eat the same and workout the same but i do so much more during the day, all day and night. we have a schedule we stick to. breakfast, brush teeth, change, arts and crafts, exercise time, snack, outside time, lunch, music, education time, snack, outside time/sports. dad comes home so we all play outside, dinner, free play with dad while i clean up after dinner, bath, brush teeth, jammies, bedtime routine. (i think i missed something) during all of that i have to find time to clean and pay bills, do whatever else. were adding gymnastics into our routine as well. when i worked it was make breakfast, drop her off at the sitters, come home, clean, play a little, make dinner, baths, bedtime routine. its hard either way. for me it is more demanding being a sahm than it was working. i respect working mothers just as much as i do sahms. when i was a working mom i thought i was better than sahms. i became one and realized how demanding they BOTH are just in different ways. 

Quoting ssocalgirl6:

While I don't get involved in the mommy wars and who has it harder, I do think any married working mom should be getting help from their husband. I do not think they should do what I do in the house by themselves.

Quoting lilbit53009:

yea but i do all that and work 40 hours a week...so again...i still don't see where a working mom doesn't deal with that

i make my son breakfast in the morning before school, then i make his lunch and snacks for the day to be packed (every single day). yes i leave the dishes in the sink but i still have to do them when i get home. then i make dinner (more dishes). the only extra dish on the weekends when we're home is the cup and plate from his lunch. my son has all his toys in buckets. he just dumps them out. wether he's home for a few hours after school or home all day long he dumps out the same amount of toys for the same amount of clean up. he's not allowed to go all over the house just messing with stuff. my jobs very flexible so i take off to attend meetings, i can work from home if he's sick or has no school, i can leave early for doctors appts or to pick him up from school if he's sick, etc. (he's only in preschool so now PTA yet...but i will join when he starts K1 in sept)

i don't have a yeard cause we live in the city so i wouldn't have to do that either way

but as you see...working moms often do do the same exact thing you do. we only have alot less time to do it in plus the stress and demand of our regular job

Quoting Snapdragon88:

Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with snacks inbetween, then you have to clean the kitchen a MILLION times a day. I don't have time to make a list... but keeping up with the house when you have small children in it every day and an infant to care for REALLY piles up. When everyone is home ALL day the upkeep is more difficult than when everyone is off to work or school or daycare every day. Also... the PTA kicks my ass, lol. I'm a SAHM (and must be bored, lol) so they hounded me to join. I have fundraisers and carnivals coming out the wazoo. And even the outside of the house is my responsibility. Mowing, gardening, trimming the bushes, pulling weeds, etc...

Like I said, I'm not complaining because I love my life. I just think it's silly to say you're doing both the job of a WM and a SAHM. It just doesn't make sense because they're two completely different lives. No one would have TIME to do it all.

Quoting lilbit53009:

i'm not trying to be a bitch...i'm just truely curious

what could possibly arise for a SAHM mom that would NEVER arise for a working mom?

Quoting Snapdragon88:

How in the world do you figure that? Makes no sense. I am THRILLED that I get to SAH. I would never compete with working moms simply because I don't give a shit and I have the life I want..... but for you to act like you do the job of both a SAHM and WM is completely misguided. It's impossible. You don't think any other duties arise for a SAHM other than dinner and nightly chores? Lol....

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, when you add up all the work I do it's more than 40 hours a week. I work outside my home 45 hours a week, just to come home and do house work, laundry, cook dinner, prep lunches for the next day, pay the bills and do school work with the kids. So I manage to do all the sahm work in 5 hours that some of them take all day to do. Super mom ;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured