Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When is it too soon?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

I've known this guy for a year. We have always got along really well, and when DF and I broke it off, he was there to pick up the pieces. He told me he always thought I was a great person and that he had feelings for me, but he didn't want to impede on my relationship. He also mentioned that DF should have never treated me the way he did and that he wishes he could make all the pain go away. 

When the hell is it too soon to tell this guy I love him?He's such a great person, but I don't want him doubting me, thinking it's just bleedover from my relationship with DF. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2013 at 8:26 AM

how long have you and DF been broken up?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Round about six months

Quoting Anonymous:

Mrsmayaguy
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:31 AM

You've only known him a year and within that year you were with someone else who hurt you & now you love this guy.....too soon!

is he the rebound?  Is it really love.  I couldn't love someone in a year.  I'd be infatuated but love.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2013 at 9:30 AM

might be a little too soon... hate to say it but he might be a rebound :( I think you just like him because your ex treated you bad and you like the good attention

Quoting Anonymous:

Round about six months

Quoting Anonymous:

annabelle338
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Might be rebound.. or not. You need to sit down and realy think about it and make sure you are sure! And only you can decide how soon. I knew I loved my Hubs within a couple weeks of meeting.We married Six weeks after we met and have been together over ten years... So I cant realy say how soon is too soon. LOL.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Wow. That's actually an amazing story!

Quoting annabelle338:

Might be rebound.. or not. You need to sit down and realy think about it and make sure you are sure! And only you can decide how soon. I knew I loved my Hubs within a couple weeks of meeting.We married Six weeks after we met and have been together over ten years... So I cant realy say how soon is too soon. LOL.

annabelle338
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! Hes a pretty amazing man. :0)

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow. That's actually an amazing story!

Quoting annabelle338:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN