Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

PLEASE LEARN ENGLISH

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ok look, I'm glad you moved up here from what ever country your from, it's great that you got a job and live in or near my town and that you're probably spending that money in my town to keep our economy running, but please LEARN ENGLISH. Look, working at McDonald's isn't that hard but if English isn't your best subject and you still struggle with taking simple orders then please, find a job that would be better suited to you, perhaps something with less customer interaction where you don't have to worry about not understanding the customer.
All I wanted was a SUGAR FREE, LIGHT ICE coffee with EXTRA flavoring, not light. What did I get? Extra sugar and no flavoring. And when I asked if extra flavoring got put in? "Oh no I make it myself extra flavoring". Sigh. Sorry about the bad mood lol.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM
You do realize your PSA was written in English, yes?
Oh, and, first world problems.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 9:30 AM
2 moms liked this

Could be worse, you could have gotten that bitch at Starbucks who was trying to poison people. 

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on May. 2, 2013 at 9:31 AM
The second most boring dead horse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Oddly enough, the people at McDonald's here all seem to speak English fluently and still manage to screw up our order every time we go. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 9:32 AM
I just moved to Texas and I find this incredibly frustrating. When I go to mcdonalds I have to repeat my order several times. I don't have an issue with immigrants. I love to encounter different cultures. However, a fast food job should only be filled by those fluent in listening and speaking English.
clearlyme
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Maybe they are over confident in their abilities lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Oddly enough, the people at McDonald's here all seem to speak English fluently and still manage to screw up our order every time we go. 

momsince04
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Wow. You are an idiot
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Ever take a moment to just think that maaaybe they are working at Mckyd to spruce up on their english?????

Maaaaybe just maybe interacting with the public is one great way to learn english???

If they come here to make a better life, they have to start somewhere.
I dont think a corporate job would be suitable. Unless they know more than one language and got a job as a translator.

Dont judge a person so quickly
One day you may be spending your money in a business they own
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Please learn to properly use English; maybe your rant would be taken seriously.
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Pssst
Whats wrong with this sentence??

""And when I asked if extra flavoring got put in?""
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)