Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYD, I want to punch my sons teacher in the face!

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:38 AM
  • 155 Replies

This is a pretty long post. ((WARNING)) LOL

Okay. My son is in Kindergarten. I love his teacher, but not the teachers aid. The teacher is Mrs. Robyn, and the aid is Mrs. Janice. This is why I don't care for Mrs. Janice.

My son was having trouble with sight words, I downloaded an app on his iPod and it mixed up the words, and tested him on them. I also would help him, we made little games and he worked REALLY hard and started to progress. One morning I stopped by his class to see how he was doing on them. Mrs Janice was there and she said he was doing better and asked me what I did to make his improve so much. I told her, and she said I was doing it wrong (if he improved, idk how i was doing it "wrong") but she said, I should make him learn them in order, they test in order so it will be easier for him to just learn them in order. I said "well, i want him to know the word, not just memorize the list". She said it doesn't matter, they just have to get through them. I don't really find that helpful to the kids at all, and I actually wonder if that is the reason all the other kids are so far ahead of him, because they are taught to remember a "list". I talked to Mrs Robin later and she said that I needed to keep doing what I was doing because he was doing GREAT.

Yesterday, they were passing out yearbooks (i ordered my sons online, and paid extra to have his name and picture on the cover). Once again Mrs Robyn wasn't there, it was only Mrs Janice (Mrs Robyn has bus duty everyday). Mrs Janice wouldn't give my son his yearbook because she said he didn't turn in an order form. Everyone else got theres and passed them around so they could sign them, except my son. She wouldn't give him his, because she thought it was a mistake. Okay, you have a yearbook, with my sons name and picture on it - it must be his. So just because you're stupid, my son missed out on all the fun. I hate this lady. Well moving on .. This is what really got my goat.

Tuesday I went on a field trip with my son to a game ranch. It was a lot of fun. I was in charge of my son (Aidan) and his friend Joseph. I bought them a bag of peanuts each so they could feed the animals. We stayed with the class so we would know when it was time to go. There is another kid in his class named Denver. I think he is a bit slow, and would do better in a special ed class. (Not dissing special ed - I was in special ed in middle school because I had ADD, and couldnt keep up). This kid is REALLY overweight, and he doesnt talk to anyone. And when you talk to him, you can barely understand him, I think either he might have a hearing problem, or he may be borderline down syndrome. (My uncle is severly downs, and he is deaf, and Denver talks and acts a lot like him.

We came up to the rabbit pin, and all the kids went in to pet the rabbits. All the kids pet the rabbits except Denver. I walked up to him and asked why wasn't he going to pet the rabbits, and he said "They have red eyes, that means they were mean and they were going to bite him". I explained to him that the rabbits were white, and a lot of white animals have red eyes, and they are just as sweet as the other ones. He went to approach a rabbit to pet it and Mrs Janice yelled at him. Told him that they were moving on and he missed his turn. It kinda pissed me off, but SHE is the teacher, so I told him to come on, there were lots of neat things to see. He looked really sad.

It was time for the class to leave the game ranch, and I looked back and Denver was trailing way far behind the class. I told my two boys to hang back, we were going to wait on Denver so he didn't have to walk by himself. We walked back to Denver and I asked him, what was wrong. He said he had just run out of energy. I said okay, it was alright, me, Aidan, and Joseph were going to walk with him. When we finally caught up to the class, Mrs Janice was sending kids to the restroom. She told Denver to go, and he said that he didn't have to pee. She yelled at him AGAIN! Said that he wasnt going to backtalk her and he was going to do as she said. At this point, I want to punch this lady in the fucking face. I am so heated, and I really feel sorry for this boy.

So like I said I got my sons yearbook yesterday (after school was over, I took him back to his class so he could get it) and I looked up Denver. I wanted to know his last name to see if i know his parents. I found his mom on FB, and Im really contemplating on talking to her about Mrs Robyn. If he was my son, id really want to know.

I asked Aidan if Denver had any friends, and if other kids might have picked on him. He said that every once in a while, he gets picked on, and nobody wants to be his friend. I told him .. "Well why don't you be his friend?", he said because he doesn't talk to anyone, hes really quiet and doesn't play with the other kids. I told him that if I were him, Id be nice to Denver. He is probably a really good friend, seeing as how he doesn't have any, you would be his BEST friend. He said okay, he would try to be his friend. I talked to him about standing up for others who are being picked on. I reminded him about when kids were picking on him about his teeth, and asked him how it felt. He said it felt bad. I told him, well that probably how Denver feels.

My dh overheard the convo and told me I was going to turn him into a wussy. I told him to shove it. Id rather my son have an open heart, and be kind, rather than do nothing. How would you go about this?

by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aprilaaw85
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:43 AM

BUMP!

kngarber
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Omg, seriously worry about your kid. If you think the aid is bad report her ... On behalf of your son and Denver. Don't fb stalk another kids parents. You seem very dramatic. Sorry, but that's my take.
Aprilaaw85
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:46 AM
5 moms liked this

Well, I am so so sorry if I worry about other kids other than my own. I dont think ANY kid should be talked to like that.

Quoting kngarber:

Omg, seriously worry about your kid. If you think the aid is bad report her ... On behalf of your son and Denver. Don't fb stalk another kids parents. You seem very dramatic. Sorry, but that's my take.

2BBboys0509
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:46 AM
3 moms liked this

I think it's great that you want your son to treat everyone the same and be kind instead of being a bully. I teach my boys the same thing.If more parents would instill this kind of thinking ,I think there would be a lot less bulling going on. As for the teacher,she is a person who should not be working with children and needs to be put in her place. The school year is almost over and you won't have to worry about her ever again.

Aprilaaw85
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM

And the only reason I looked up the mom on FB was I wanted to see if I knew her. I went to school with a few people with that last name.

Quoting Aprilaaw85:

Well, I am so so sorry if I worry about other kids other than my own. I dont think ANY kid should be talked to like that.

Quoting kngarber:

Lizardannie1966
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM
3 moms liked this

To begin with, your husband DOES have a right to his opinion and that alone should be respected, regardless if he's wrong or not.

As for the aide, I would start by going to the teacher first and addressing your concerns. Since the school year is coming to a close, maybe this can serve as more of an FYI for her and if she plans to use Janice again next year.

If it doesn't seem like there's much improvement, go to the principal with the problems you've had with Janice.

kngarber
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Then report her. You asked how people would handle it and that was my answer.

Quoting Aprilaaw85:

Quoting kngarber:

Aprilaaw85
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Well i know he has a right to an opinion. I just dont feel right about it. Maybe I should talk to Mrs Robyn about Mrs Janice.

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

To begin with, your husband DOES have a right to his opinion and that alone should be respected, regardless if he's wrong or not.

As for the aide, I would start by going to the teacher first and addressing your concerns. Since the school year is coming to a close, maybe this can serve as more of an FYI for her and if she plans to use Janice again next year.

If it doesn't seem like there's much improvement, go to the principal with the problems you've had with Janice.

3gr8tKids
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:50 AM
5 moms liked this
When I read the title to your post I thought you were going to be a crazy lady. But you seem to have a very big heart.
And you're right.. the aide is a bad fit to work with children!
Aprilaaw85
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I did the title like that on purpose. LOL. I knew it would grab attention. and Thanks.

Quoting 3gr8tKids:

When I read the title to your post I thought you were going to be a crazy lady. But you seem to have a very big heart.
And you're right.. the aide is a bad fit to work with children!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN