Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm jealous of some FS recipients!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 257 Replies
2 moms liked this
Lol. I went to the grocery store the other day to get a couple things for DDs class (all generic) and the family in front of me were "paying" for a cart of food with FS. I had to wait forever for the cashier to verify they got the right crap and I noticed all 5 family members had fresh haircuts, name brand clothes that look new and clean, and mom had this big, name brand, new looking purse, etc. I thought Geez, maybe I should stop working so much, I'm doing it wrong! Lol. How many people on assistance really need it, is my question?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
phoebe81
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM
21 moms liked this

Cashiers don't need to "verify" food stamp purchases. That's not how it works. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Oh, then what was it? WIC? I don't know I've never been on assistance.

Quoting phoebe81:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Sounds like you ran into my nephews mom! She is always complaining about being "broke" yet has a BRAN NEW EXPENSIVE house (that her boyfriends parents BOUGHT THEM), she wears name brand everything as do her 3 kids (all different dads), she always has her hair done (colored and cut), and nails are always freshly mani/pedi. And lets not forget all her parties, food provided by FOOD STAMPS. 

Yeah. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM
12 moms liked this

Maybe they were gifts? Maybe someone in the family does hair? Maybe they scrimped and pinched a whole lot more to get them? You don't know they paid for all that. I don't have to pay for haircuts because my sil does hair, my dad will send us clothes for Christmas and birthdays, my mom also loves to spoil my dd because she's her only gd in the area(my sisters all live across country). You don't know the circumstances of how they came to aquire those things so don't judge.

phoebe81
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM
21 moms liked this

Cashiers do need to double check WIC purchases. The income requirements are much higher for WIC than for PA and if the children were foster children, it's highly likely they are eligible for WIC even if the parents make lots of money. In addition, if they were foster children, their brand new clothes and hair cuts may have also been paid for by the government.

How was the rest of your day, Judgy McJudgerson?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting phoebe81:

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on May. 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM
10 moms liked this

That's be WIC mostly like. FS isn't "Verified" & don't be jealous. YOu are treated like scum if you ever got help. Just read all the post in here. That hate isn't contained to CM.

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM
It was probably wic. Also, you don't know the circumstances. My children recieve Medicaid (which we use as secondary insurance for them) and foodstamps as part of their adoption benefits because they were foster children. Usually I let their dad use the foodstamps for his house since we have equal time with the kids and they don't make as much money as we do, but he and his wife are by no means poor. They have nice things.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting phoebe81:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 2, 2013 at 10:11 AM
8 moms liked this

If you are talking about WIC, the income guidelines are much higher than they are for FS, so it's really not surprising that they looked clean and well kept. What should poor people look like? Wearing rags and fighting off the flies surrounding their stench?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 2, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I've never had a cashier need to verify either WIC or EBT. It's all automatic and on cards now, at least in my state...
phoebe81
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:12 AM
20 moms liked this

If you saw me shopping, you'd see me paying for my purchases with my food stamp card, while carrying my Coach bag (a Christmas gift from my sister) and my iphone 4 (my best friend gave it to me when he upgraded). You'd probably bitch and moan that I have all these great things but still get food stamps, but I didn't pay one red cent for either of them. I have a cheap, pay as you go plan for the iphone ($40/mo, no home line) and we don't pay for things like cable either.

You never know what's going on with a person's life. You'd be a much happier (and nicer) person if you gave people the benefit of the doubt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN