Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm jealous of some FS recipients!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Lol. I went to the grocery store the other day to get a couple things for DDs class (all generic) and the family in front of me were "paying" for a cart of food with FS. I had to wait forever for the cashier to verify they got the right crap and I noticed all 5 family members had fresh haircuts, name brand clothes that look new and clean, and mom had this big, name brand, new looking purse, etc. I thought Geez, maybe I should stop working so much, I'm doing it wrong! Lol. How many people on assistance really need it, is my question?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 10:13 AM
If a family can afford to provide all that to them why aren't they buying them food instead?

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe they were gifts? Maybe someone in the family does hair? Maybe they scrimped and pinched a whole lot more to get them? You don't know they paid for all that. I don't have to pay for haircuts because my sil does hair, my dad will send us clothes for Christmas and birthdays, my mom also loves to spoil my dd because she's her only gd in the area(my sisters all live across country). You don't know the circumstances of how they came to aquire those things so don't judge.

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:14 AM
3 moms liked this

#1 you are full of it.  You can buy ANYTHING on FS's and it doesn't need to be checked so you're LYING!!

Also just because they are most likely on WIC, you have NO idea when they went on assistance, when the clothes were bought or who bought them.  Maybe they were gifts.  Maybe grandma paid for them to have their hair cut.  Maybe they go the clothes from a 2nd hand store. 

You have a LOT of assumptions without knowing anything.  HATE stupid posts like these.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Nice try trollio,  cashiers don't verify food stamp purchases!

Anonymous
2 moms liked this
You don't want to have to get assistance.. Trust me. You'll have a bunch of hypocritical people judging you when realistically nobody knows what you're truly going through.
Anonymous

Some people abusie the system. Wrk under the table, keep popping out kids, etc. (Cant stand those people)

Some people have the " nice clothes " then lose their job, hard times etc". 

In my case....i had some decently nice stuff, then lost my full time 40hr+, $15/hr union job a year ago. I was our main income.Was out of work for 6 months.  Got a job, part time 15hrs only, $9.50hr.  So now we are on food stamps and housing assistance for our family of 5.  My fiancĂ© does work 40+ still, but only makes 10.50hr.  Not nearly enough to support our family. (Btw our kids are 11,8, & 3)

yes I am looking for a better job, and possibly going to school to provide better for my kids.  Goal is to get off the assistance programs ASAP , If I didn't need it now, I wouldn't be using it .

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 10:15 AM
I'm jealous of people who can afford to buy their own food. I'd love to be able to afford a package of cookies or a carton of ice cream. But until my disability clears up, I have to make due with the $93 I get in fs each month.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 10:15 AM
They weren't foster kids. The parents and kids were all Hispanic and the kids looked JUST like mom and dad. You could tell they were related. My kids look just like myself and my husband, you can tell.

Quoting phoebe81:

Cashiers do need to double check WIC purchases. The income requirements are much higher for WIC than for PA and if the children were foster children, it's highly likely they are eligible for WIC even if the parents make lots of money. In addition, if they were foster children, their brand new clothes and hair cuts may have also been paid for by the government.

How was the rest of your day, Judgy McJudgerson?

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, then what was it? WIC? I don't know I've never been on assistance.

Quoting phoebe81:

Cashiers don't need to "verify" food stamp purchases. That's not how it works. 

Brookiesmom2011
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:16 AM

A girl used to work for me at a retail store I managed. She had 3 kids and was on assistance. Like once a quarter she had to report how much money she made for the month. During those months she would call in/ give her shifts away/ request time off so that it looked like she only worked 4-8 hours a week and was getting paid practically nothing. She did this so that she could keep getting all that extra money from the state...  There are those out there that really need it and I think it's great that we have it for them, but for most it's just a huge scam that the rest of us tax payers are paying for. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 10:17 AM
I'm not a troll. I've been on CM for 5+ years. I don't receive government assistant so I may be mistaken on the KIND of assistance.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nice try trollio,  cashiers don't verify food stamp purchases!

Lizardannie1966
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

How do you know who paid for the clothing and the Mom's purse? for their haircuts?

What did you expect to see from a family who is receiving assistance? Potato sacks as clothing, and dirty, stringy hair?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured