Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WTF? Are you SERIOUS? ETA- THAT B****! ETA again. And Again.

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:25 AM
  • 155 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, this is AWESOME!

My husband has been taking a money order to our rental place, as we've been out of checks and just haven't remembered to order more. So, I guess he didn't know you're supposed to take the bottom part of the money order off and keep it for confirmation.

So now, the day after rent is due I get a call asking where our rent check is, we're normally on time(Most of the time we're early, really). I tell them my husband dropped it off in the drop box. They say that it's not there. 

THEY LOST OUR MONEY ORDER!!!

I call my husband and ask him if he has the strip from the bottom, his response, "The what? No, I've never done that." 

So I call Western Union, they say without that strip there is NOTHING we can do. The amost $700 is gone.

AND WE STILL HAVE TO PAY RENT!

I am fuming. We have the money to pay the rent AGAIN, but come ON. Just when we start to get a head, BAM, No, you can't have extra money, ever. Duh.

Ugh.

Update #1- I just got a call from the manager of the rental place. They found our money order. AFTER SEARCHING THROUGH THEIR EMPLOYEE'S PURSES! He professed his sincere appology and said that the woman that took it has been fired. I'm relieved but still PISSED. I mean, I know this has happened to others before. I hope he files charges on her.

Update #2- So yeah, they're sending an officer out to take my statement. My hubs is taking off work now so he can give a statement, too. This is crazy. We're going to press charges on the woman that did this. It's not right. I know my hubs should have filled stuff out and went about this the right way, but still.

Update #3- We've spoken to the police, they took our statement. Apparently this was not the first time the police had been called, this was just the first time they caught her red-handed. I'm not for sure why she would have kept the MO in her purse, considering my hubs had dropped it off Monday night. Maybe she wanted to get caught? I don't know. But we are pressing charges and I hope that we take her DOWN. 

Thanks everyone for the advice and niceness. 

by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilliesValley
by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Wow. A very pricey lesson.
AmberRose1122
by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Oh.my.God.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 2, 2013 at 11:29 AM
3 moms liked this
That is funny... I have looked up whether a customer bought a mo by their name before. Go to the place you bought it and ask them
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 11:30 AM
2 moms liked this

bet you will order some checks now, huh?

buttercup627
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I really hope they find it for you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh man, that is so sucky. Sorry.

Hopefully they find your money. Next time your DH will keep the strip!

Jade_Lufercus
by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Seriously? Let me tell him that. I mean, I called Western Union and the guy I talked to said that without the number that's on the strip they couldn't do anything for me.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is funny... I have looked up whether a customer bought a mo by their name before. Go to the place you bought it and ask them

Jade_Lufercus
by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Yes. I just did, actually. XD

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

bet you will order some checks now, huh?

Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Did he pay for the money order with cash or credit card? If it was a card, maybe they can look it up that way?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 2, 2013 at 11:33 AM
We had a customer who owed us money. She kept telling us the mo was in the mail so I called where she said she got it. They had no record of it. They take your info so they may have it stored somewhere

Quoting Jade_Lufercus:

Seriously? Let me tell him that. I mean, I called Western Union and the guy I talked to said that without the number that's on the strip they couldn't do anything for me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)