Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

smoking cigarettes and pregnancy

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM
  • 318 Replies
How do you guys feel about pregnant women smoking cigarettes?
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
outtamymynd
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I try not to judge but in my mind I picture baby floating in smoke lol. Yes, I know that's not how it is but that is how I picture it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrsmayaguy
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:50 PM

i would assume the majority of moms would agree this is just a reallyhorrible thing to do to your unborn child

everyone knows its horrible to do that to a fetus/baby

nicotine addiction is hard but get over it and get help for the sake of your child

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 12:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I feel like it's none of my business.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I strongly dislike it, but wouldn't be harsh to anyone about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

It disgusts me. The smell of cigarette smoke has always made me feel ill, but I am currently pregnant and the smell can induce nausea in an instant. Seeing a pregnant woman smoking makes me sad for the fetus.

kaylaybaby666
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Lol that actually is very funny to hear

Quoting outtamymynd:

I try not to judge but in my mind I picture baby floating in smoke lol. Yes, I know that's not how it is but that is how I picture it.

kaylaybaby666
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I personally dont see the harm in smoking while pregnant

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

i would assume the majority of moms would agree this is just a reallyhorrible thing to do to your unborn child

nicotine addiction is hard but get over it and get help for the sake of your child

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Doesn't bother me, I smoked during all three of mine. 

meg0620
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM
It disgusts me that a mother would be that selfish.

Eta: i wouldn't say anything to them though because its their choice, but i secretly judge.
Mrsmayaguy
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:48 PM
5 moms liked this

Ok, so do you not believe just about every doctor in the U.S. that will tell you its not a "good" thing for the baby? Are they lying?  There are over 4000 chemicals in a cigarette like cynanide and other carenogens. I know I spelled that last word wrong.

I know moms smoke and have healthy baby. Thank God for that. But some moms smoke and have jacked up babies too. Thats not a good risk. 

Look Im a lush. I LOVE WINE. I just went to the winery last week for dinner. I drank wine maybe 5 nights a week sometimes less. Im sayin everyone has a vice but the day I found I out I was pregnant I havent had a sip. Jan 5th!  Now I do not believe that if I have one glass my child will die but my baby is the most important human on the planet aside from my other kids so....why take the risk.
TO me my child is more than worth abstaining and if I couldnt abstain from wine, or cig, or weed, or even soda for less than 9 months.

Then I may have an addiction problem. Just sayin 

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

I personally dont see the harm in smoking while pregnant

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured