Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

smoking cigarettes and pregnancy

Posted by   + Show Post
How do you guys feel about pregnant women smoking cigarettes?
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Replies (61-70):
vvinkyloafer
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I want to have more fun with this but I have to be a responsible parent now. Have fun for me, squirrel friends!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rebecca7708
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Sometimes the problems aren't obvious right away or show up later in life.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

I drink soda. I dont smoke but im around it alot. My mom smoke, my neighbor smokes. One of ny family memebers smoked with all her kids and the last one she stopped smoking and that baby had all kinds of problems. I dont know anyone who's baby came out with problems while they smoked

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

Ok, so do you not believe just about every doctor in the U.S. that will tell you its not a "good" thing for the baby? Are they lying?  There are over 4000 chemicals in a cigarette like cynanide and other carenogens. I know I spelled that last word wrong.

I know moms smoke and have healthy baby. Thank God for that. But some moms smoke and have jacked up babies too. Thats not a good risk. 

Look Im a lush. I LOVE WINE. I just went to the winery last week for dinner. I drank wine maybe 5 nights a week sometimes less. Im sayin everyone has a vice but the day I found I out I was pregnant I havent had a sip. Jan 5th!  Now I do not believe that if I have one glass my child will die but my baby is the most important human on the planet aside from my other kids so....why take the risk.
TO me my child is more than worth abstaining and if I couldnt abstain from wine, or cig, or weed, or even soda for less than 9 months.

Then I may have an addiction problem. Just sayin 

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

I personally dont see the harm in smoking while pregnant

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

i would assume the majority of moms would agree this is just a reallyhorrible thing to do to your unborn child

everyone knows its horrible to do that to a fetus/baby

nicotine addiction is hard but get over it and get help for the sake of your child

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Thank the holy hell for that.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Yes we do

Quoting SommelierMom:

You and I have a very, very different idea of what makes someone trashy.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

No they are not

Quoting SommelierMom:

Yes they are. All of them.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Not all moms are trash for smoking while pregnant

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it's a dick move and a horrible thing to do to your baby,  but i'm sure all the trash moms will be in  here to say that they were told to keep smoking by their doctors!

kaylaybaby666
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Lol im not married. I live with my parents because i help them alot and the baby's father see's no harm

Quoting SommelierMom:

You're pregnant again? Don't you live with your parents? What does your husband think about smoking while pregnant?

Husband? Aaaaaahahahaha. My b.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Sorry, already have one and pregnant :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't breed.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

i would assume the majority of moms would agree this is just a reallyhorrible thing to do to your unborn child

nicotine addiction is hard but get over it and get help for the sake of your child

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I think it is their body, their choice.

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:16 PM

That statement is just as ignorant.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then for the good of the child you should consider adoption. Someone who doesn't realize that poisoning children is bad is nowhere ready to be a parent.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Sorry, already have one and pregnant :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't breed.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

kaylaybaby666
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Naw i dont think so

Quoting Rebecca7708:

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

I drink soda. I dont smoke but im around it alot. My mom smoke, my neighbor smokes. One of ny family memebers smoked with all her kids and the last one she stopped smoking and that baby had all kinds of problems. I dont know anyone who's baby came out with problems while they smoked

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

Ok, so do you not believe just about every doctor in the U.S. that will tell you its not a "good" thing for the baby? Are they lying?  There are over 4000 chemicals in a cigarette like cynanide and other carenogens. I know I spelled that last word wrong.

I know moms smoke and have healthy baby. Thank God for that. But some moms smoke and have jacked up babies too. Thats not a good risk. 

Look Im a lush. I LOVE WINE. I just went to the winery last week for dinner. I drank wine maybe 5 nights a week sometimes less. Im sayin everyone has a vice but the day I found I out I was pregnant I havent had a sip. Jan 5th!  Now I do not believe that if I have one glass my child will die but my baby is the most important human on the planet aside from my other kids so....why take the risk.
TO me my child is more than worth abstaining and if I couldnt abstain from wine, or cig, or weed, or even soda for less than 9 months.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

LntLckrsCmQut
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Science disagrees with you.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Yeah, it's pretty obvious you're not married. Two kids+no husband=something to be proud of.(

Quoting kaylaybaby666:Lol im not married. I live with my parents because i help them alot and the baby's father see's no harm

Quoting SommelierMom:You're pregnant again? Don't you live with your parents? What does your husband think about smoking while pregnant?

Husband? Aaaaaahahahaha. My b.
Rebecca7708
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Interesting.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Naw i dont think so

Quoting Rebecca7708:

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured