Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

smoking cigarettes and pregnancy

Posted by   + Show Post
How do you guys feel about pregnant women smoking cigarettes?
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Replies (11-20):
kaylaybaby666
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I drink soda. I dont smoke but im around it alot. My mom smoke, my neighbor smokes. One of ny family memebers smoked with all her kids and the last one she stopped smoking and that baby had all kinds of problems. I dont know anyone who's baby came out with problems while they smoked

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

Ok, so do you not believe just about every doctor in the U.S. that will tell you its not a "good" thing for the baby? Are they lying?  There are over 4000 chemicals in a cigarette like cynanide and other carenogens. I know I spelled that last word wrong.

I know moms smoke and have healthy baby. Thank God for that. But some moms smoke and have jacked up babies too. Thats not a good risk. 

Look Im a lush. I LOVE WINE. I just went to the winery last week for dinner. I drank wine maybe 5 nights a week sometimes less. Im sayin everyone has a vice but the day I found I out I was pregnant I havent had a sip. Jan 5th!  Now I do not believe that if I have one glass my child will die but my baby is the most important human on the planet aside from my other kids so....why take the risk.
TO me my child is more than worth abstaining and if I couldnt abstain from wine, or cig, or weed, or even soda for less than 9 months.

Then I may have an addiction problem. Just sayin 

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

I personally dont see the harm in smoking while pregnant

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

i would assume the majority of moms would agree this is just a reallyhorrible thing to do to your unborn child

everyone knows its horrible to do that to a fetus/baby

nicotine addiction is hard but get over it and get help for the sake of your child

dancer
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Bad idea!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 2, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Are you serious..

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

i would assume the majority of moms would agree this is just a reallyhorrible thing to do to your unborn child

nicotine addiction is hard but get over it and get help for the sake of your child

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 2, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Doesn't bother me, I smoked during all three  four of mine. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 2, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Getting drunk is also good for An unborn child. 666 for life u r cool
kaylaybaby666
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Yes i am

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you serious..

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

kaylaybaby666
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Its just a number. Im agnostic and i dont drink

Quoting Anonymous:

Getting drunk is also good for An unborn child. 666 for life u r cool

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on May. 2, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel bad for the child. I haven't cheated on any no no stuff during the pregnancy because I wanted the best for her. And that included months of painful caffeine headaches coming down off caffeine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 2, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Its trashy but I won't say anything to their face
MommyDearest555
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't particularly care for it, but I just look at it that it could be worse. I personally would not and did not, nor have I smoked while pregnant. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)