Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

smoking cigarettes and pregnancy

Posted by   + Show Post
How do you guys feel about pregnant women smoking cigarettes?
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Replies (31-40):
kaylaybaby666
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Thats very rude

Quoting SommelierMom:

Every time I see this poster, I get excited to see the stupid puke shoot out of her mouth.

Mrsmayaguy
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I actually do know someone whose babies has issues. She smoked. I met her after the fact. She stated it was cause she smoked. Dont you realize second hand smoke is worse than smoking.  I would never allow smoke around my children (in my home I mean I can do nothing in public).  Ive watched as my grandmother died of lung cancer. It aint pretty.

My brother smokes, my MIL used to smoke.  They aren't allowed around my house or kids with their cigs. They must wash hands with soap and water before touching them and change their shirt before they hold them because the smoke stays in your clothes. I know it annoys them but...I dont care less. Im a big believer of rather safe than sorry.

I dont normally drink soda. Maybe once a month. I will still drink a can while I am pregnant. Still about once a month. Iknow it isn't as healthy as water but i dont think it is horrible. I even asked my obgyn.  This is my 4th pregancy. I try to do everything by the book withmy pregancies...no soda (hardly), booze, cigs, drugs, junk food.  my first 3 came out perfect...no allergies, no issues at all. No learning disabilities nothing. I guess Im superstitious now. I will just keep up what I did.  Oh and let me just put this out there because there are soooo many super hyped sensitive cm out there.  Im not sayin if you do have soda or anything your kid will have an issue or allergy. Im sayin what worked for me.

Whether you smoke or not hope you and your babies are healthy.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

I drink soda. I dont smoke but im around it alot. My mom smoke, my neighbor smokes. One of ny family memebers smoked with all her kids and the last one she stopped smoking and that baby had all kinds of problems. I dont know anyone who's baby came out with problems while they smoked

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

Ok, so do you not believe just about every doctor in the U.S. that will tell you its not a "good" thing for the baby? Are they lying?  There are over 4000 chemicals in a cigarette like cynanide and other carenogens. I know I spelled that last word wrong.

I know moms smoke and have healthy baby. Thank God for that. But some moms smoke and have jacked up babies too. Thats not a good risk. 

Look Im a lush. I LOVE WINE. I just went to the winery last week for dinner. I drank wine maybe 5 nights a week sometimes less. Im sayin everyone has a vice but the day I found I out I was pregnant I havent had a sip. Jan 5th!  Now I do not believe that if I have one glass my child will die but my baby is the most important human on the planet aside from my other kids so....why take the risk.
TO me my child is more than worth abstaining and if I couldnt abstain from wine, or cig, or weed, or even soda for less than 9 months.

Then I may have an addiction problem. Just sayin 

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

I personally dont see the harm in smoking while pregnant

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

i would assume the majority of moms would agree this is just a reallyhorrible thing to do to your unborn child

everyone knows its horrible to do that to a fetus/baby

nicotine addiction is hard but get over it and get help for the sake of your child

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this
You and I have a very, very different idea of what makes someone trashy.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

No they are not

Quoting SommelierMom:

Yes they are. All of them.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Not all moms are trash for smoking while pregnant

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it's a dick move and a horrible thing to do to your baby,  but i'm sure all the trash moms will be in  here to say that they were told to keep smoking by their doctors!

kaylaybaby666
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Awe thank you :)

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

Holy shit.

Congratulations. You have surpassed 504bbymami and are now the dumbest active poster on Mom Confessions.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

i would assume the majority of moms would agree this is just a reallyhorrible thing to do to your unborn child

nicotine addiction is hard but get over it and get help for the sake of your child

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:07 PM
I'm okay with that.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Thats very rude

Quoting SommelierMom:

Every time I see this poster, I get excited to see the stupid puke shoot out of her mouth.

vvinkyloafer
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Dude, she thinks the clothing at Target is homely looking compared to Wal-Mart and that apple juice is healthier than apples.

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

No they are not

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it's a dick move and a horrible thing to do to your baby,  but i'm sure all the trash moms will be in  here to say that they were told to keep smoking by their doctors!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vvinkyloafer
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:08 PM
How does it make you feel that you are not just dumb, but corrupting your unborn child with your horrendous habits?

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Awe thank you :)

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

Holy shit.

Congratulations. You have surpassed 504bbymami and are now the dumbest active poster on Mom Confessions.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I think they are weak women. It's no secret that smoking is terrible for you, your fetus, and your family. If you can't give up smoking for the health of your family, you are a weak-willed person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Oh, I know she does. To think, she's reproduced.

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

Dude, she thinks the clothing at Target is homely looking compared to Wal-Mart and that apple juice is healthier than apples.

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

No they are not

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting Anonymous:

kaylaybaby666
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Yeah my daughter came to be 8 lbs 3 oz and im around my mom who smokes. She has no allergies or anything

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

I actually do know someone whose babies has issues. She smoked. I met her after the fact. She stated it was cause she smoked. Dont you realize second hand smoke is worse than smoking.  I would never allow smoke around my children (in my home I mean I can do nothing in public).  Ive watched as my grandmother died of lung cancer. It aint pretty.

My brother smokes, my MIL used to smoke.  They aren't allowed around my house or kids with their cigs. They must wash hands with soap and water before touching them and change their shirt before they hold them because the smoke stays in your clothes. I know it annoys them but...I dont care less. Im a big believer of rather safe than sorry.

I dont normally drink soda. Maybe once a month. I will still drink a can while I am pregnant. Still about once a month. Iknow it isn't as healthy as water but i dont think it is horrible. I even asked my obgyn.  This is my 4th pregancy. I try to do everything by the book withmy pregancies...no soda (hardly), booze, cigs, drugs, junk food.  my first 3 came out perfect...no allergies, no issues at all. No learning disabilities nothing. I guess Im superstitious now. I will just keep up what I did.  Oh and let me just put this out there because there are soooo many super hyped sensitive cm out there.  Im not sayin if you do have soda or anything your kid will have an issue or allergy. Im sayin what worked for me.

Whether you smoke or not hope you and your babies are healthy.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

I drink soda. I dont smoke but im around it alot. My mom smoke, my neighbor smokes. One of ny family memebers smoked with all her kids and the last one she stopped smoking and that baby had all kinds of problems. I dont know anyone who's baby came out with problems while they smoked

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

Ok, so do you not believe just about every doctor in the U.S. that will tell you its not a "good" thing for the baby? Are they lying?  There are over 4000 chemicals in a cigarette like cynanide and other carenogens. I know I spelled that last word wrong.

I know moms smoke and have healthy baby. Thank God for that. But some moms smoke and have jacked up babies too. Thats not a good risk. 

Look Im a lush. I LOVE WINE. I just went to the winery last week for dinner. I drank wine maybe 5 nights a week sometimes less. Im sayin everyone has a vice but the day I found I out I was pregnant I havent had a sip. Jan 5th!  Now I do not believe that if I have one glass my child will die but my baby is the most important human on the planet aside from my other kids so....why take the risk.
TO me my child is more than worth abstaining and if I couldnt abstain from wine, or cig, or weed, or even soda for less than 9 months.

Then I may have an addiction problem. Just sayin 

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured