Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I call bull$***!!.........bash away

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 174 Replies

To have a baby shower for your third child if your first two were boys and the baby was a girl and the youngest was 6 y/o?

What about having a gender reveal party? 

I realize every pregnancy is special in  it's own way I was just wondering what you all thought.

BTW I am not pregnant. Just asking.

The title was just to get you in here thanks for joining me!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM

BUMP!

mommybecky
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM
14 moms liked this
Yes. Where I live, we typically celebrate every baby regardless of gender or birth number. Showers for later babies are called sprinkles because you don't need to shower the mom to be with lots of gifts, just sprinkle her with small things.

Also, we like to just get together, even if all the guests want to bring is a package of wipes. A shower/celebration doesn't have to be about the gifts. It can be about the company of good friends and family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't have a shower for my 1st two kids (my choice), I won't have one for any other children either. My theory is, I am having the child, I don't need other's to supply the necessities for him/her.  

ShellLea
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I really don't think it's a big deal. We try to have showers for all the babies in this family. It's a good excuse to go shopping for baby stuff and get everybody together. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I agree about the sprinkle part and we are the same way. But what about a full on baby shower? if thats what she wants is that considered being greedy?

Quoting mommybecky:

Yes. Where I live, we typically celebrate every baby regardless of gender or birth number. Showers for later babies are called sprinkles because you don't need to shower the mom to be with lots of gifts, just sprinkle her with small things.

Also, we like to just get together, even if all the guests want to bring is a package of wipes. A shower/celebration doesn't have to be about the gifts. It can be about the company of good friends and family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I think by your third child you had better be capable of affording your own children and I won't participate in any showers. 

Also, gender reveal parties are obnoxious and even though it's not listed so are those little menses parties. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 1:14 PM

okay you didn't miss out on that? Meaning you don't wish that you had one?

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't have a shower for my 1st two kids (my choice), I won't have one for any other children either. My theory is, I am having the child, I don't need other's to supply the necessities for him/her.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM
I never had a showe for my first (girl). My inlaws threw me one when I was pregnant with my second (boy). They were about 5 1/2 years apart so very little survived the years and the move out here. They make me uncomfortable. I really don't enjoy having alot of focus on me.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on May. 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I always assumed you had one shower every baby?

kansasmom1978
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a baby shower with both my kids. I think if a woman wants a baby shower she should have one. This only for the first born is stupid. IMO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)