Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why is CM like this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this

Why is there such a disproportionate number of moms with children with disabilities on this site? If you look at polls on autism or ADHD most of the time over half the moms have kids with those disorders. (don't even get me started about all the moms of genius children on here)

There are also way more moms who homeschool than anywhere I've ever lived. 

I've also never come across breastfeeding activists or circumcision haters IRL. I know this is a cross section of the whole country. But it seems like CM tends to attract moms with some specific interests. 

Sometimes I feel a little out of place becuase I'm just a run of the mill mom with run of the mill kids. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessed107
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I didn't know a lot of this existed before coming on CM! I'm run of the mill old school mom too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I found CafeMom while looking for information on the Austism spectrum. That is part of the reason I am here.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Well consider that the majority of mothers are not on this site and also that a lot of these moms pull the diagnosis out of their ass......

TheDoctorsWife
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I'm a run of the mill mama too. There are a ton of different moms with different kids and parenting styles on here

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Quoting thenameshailie:

Well consider that the majority of mothers are not on this site and also that a lot of these moms pull the diagnosis out of their ass......

Well, there is that of course. 

TishHughes
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:16 PM
This is kind of what I figured.

Quoting Anonymous:

I found CafeMom while looking for information on the Austism spectrum. That is part of the reason I am here.

catchup29
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Shame on you for not having a cause and or being on the band wagons! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Quoting TheDoctorsWife:

I'm a run of the mill mama too. There are a ton of different moms with different kids and parenting styles on here

I understand that. I just don't understand why statically it's so different than what's typical across the country.

D.O.E.
by on May. 2, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

women from all over the world are members on cm, im in canada, we have moms in the US, the UK, Isreal, Egypt...... god.....whole bunch of places.

there are lots of run of the mill moms just as there are moms with not so run of the mill lives.

we can all learn something from one another, even if it is just tolerance

lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
More of those women probably come to this site looking for support or to connect with other mothers in a similar situation. It might be easier to find this online than in real life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)