Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Serious question. Any doctors here?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
For the past 4 weeks my nipples have been sore. Like when pregnant or when breastfeeding. Well it's mainly the left one. I mean so tender. Something brushes it (like putting on my shirt, etc) and it hurts. I'm not pregnant. I'm not due for my period for another 2 weeks. And it's been like this for a month.

I've searched online and everything talks about pregnant or nursing. I'm not in either of those situation. Something mentioned taking something an anti inflammatory but I've been taking that for back problems so I already know that's not helping.

Anyone deal with this? If it matters, the one that's particularly bothersome is the one that's 1/2-1 cup size bigger than the other one.

Now diagnose me please!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Come on. Anyone gone through this? I will take your advice/opinion even if you're not a doctor :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM

My mom had very sore itchy nipples and her doctor said it could be a sign of cancer. It wasn't. I think it might have ended being a skin issue or something, but it was scary. 

This might be something to see a real doc about. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 2, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Not a doctor but I'm good at this game.

My suggestion is your bra is too small. Try getting a bra that fits the bigger boob.

Hell maybe you could cut two bras in half and sew them up the middle so that each boob is in optimum comfort.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM
I rarely wear a bra. Lol

I was just fitted at VS though. Hmm I bet I could manage piecing two together. There has got to be a place to buy bras like that. A lot of women have one bigger than the other right?

I think my left is B an my right is A. I buy B size. I think I would drown in a C. I guess I could always put some toilet paper in there. Nah. Something more comfy than that. Hmm I'll have to think on that one. At this point I just want to hold it and tell it that we are going to be OK.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not a doctor but I'm good at this game.

My suggestion is your bra is too small. Try getting a bra that fits the bigger boob.

Hell maybe you could cut two bras in half and sew them up the middle so that each boob is in optimum comfort.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 2:45 PM
I called yesterday to make an appt for a yearly since its been almost 3 years. Awful I know. They can't get me in until June. Maybe I can call an explain so they get me in sooner? Such am awkward phone call or message to leave. It's my family doctor. Maybe I should call the obgyn since they hear about this stuff a little more.

Quoting Anonymous:

My mom had very sore itchy nipples and her doctor said it could be a sign of cancer. It wasn't. I think it might have ended being a skin issue or something, but it was scary. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I would do ob for something like this. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I called yesterday to make an appt for a yearly since its been almost 3 years. Awful I know. They can't get me in until June. Maybe I can call an explain so they get me in sooner? Such am awkward phone call or message to leave. It's my family doctor. Maybe I should call the obgyn since they hear about this stuff a little more.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Yeah I think so. It seems a little bigger too. Maybe it's swollen? But it's just the nipple that hurts.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would do ob for something like this. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Anyone else?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)