Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Every month I hear about her period coming...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

Every month my brothers fiance calls me crying about starting her period. She says how Im the only one she can talk to about it bc everyone else looks at her like crazy for getting so upset blah blah blah.

So she just text me and said "Hey just to let you know we are having another baby in January. You'll have a new neice or nephew. Well, I love you guys. Hope the family is well"

What the hell? They whole "hey just to let you know" thing sounds a bit, snoody I guess? I dunno... The whole thing just rubbed me completely the wrong way I guess. I dunno. What about you? How would you feel if got these text from your sister in law??

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SJG1013
by SJG on May. 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Congratulate her on her pregnancy.
Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Wait, she calls you crying because you are the only one she can talk to but, when she actually is pregnant, all you get is a text? I'd be a little hurt by that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Quoting SJG1013:

Due to issues my family and I are having, Im not sure Im ready to congratulate them.... Im very angry with them all..except for her... but now all the sudden she is acting all shady to... so I just kinda wanna leave it all alone and not talk to any of them... I dunno, its a difficult situation.

.Milfshake.
by SoNastySoRude on May. 2, 2013 at 2:26 PM
You're reading too much into it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2013 at 2:28 PM
You're overreacting. Duh
mrscass0416
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I'd laugh and say ummm okay   , that just to let you know part would have pissed me off, like you are doing me a favor by telling me. 

SJG1013
by SJG on May. 2, 2013 at 2:28 PM
You're reading to much into it. I don't think she was trying to upset you at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SJG1013:

Due to issues my family and I are having, Im not sure Im ready to congratulate them.... Im very angry with them all..except for her... but now all the sudden she is acting all shady to... so I just kinda wanna leave it all alone and not talk to any of them... I dunno, its a difficult situation.

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:28 PM
This. Tell her congratulations. At least she trusted you and felt like she could talk to you.

Quoting .Milfshake.:

You're reading too much into it

bry36
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I think your over reading it a bit maybe shes excited but a little shocked and needs to sort out her emotions about it even when you are TTC when it actually happens its life changing sometimes a take a bit to process it

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Quoting Rebecca7708:

Wait, she calls you crying because you are the only one she can talk to but, when she actually is pregnant, all you get is a text? I'd be a little hurt by that.

exactly....it wasnt even like a happy text.... it was just like hey just lettin you know blah blah blah....she could have even sent me a text that said OMG OMG IM PREGNANT! or a picture  of the test.. or something, but the way she did it, just rubbed me the wrong way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)