Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

does anyone have birthday gift traditions?

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:26 PM
  • 17 Replies

when I was thirteen my mom got me a claddagh ring to remind to look for the right kind of guy. I am thinking about carrying on this tradition with my daughters and debating about with my son. they have guy claddagh bands now. 

what do you think? and do you have any gift giving traditions?

Kasi Lynn, Calvin David, & Lilith Jade's Mommy
The Work will wait while you show the child the RAINBOW, but the rainbow won't wait while you do your work.

by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 2, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Everyone buys my sister jewelry for a gift. My brother is always shoes. And everyone buys me bath shit. I hate baths.
Ugh I'm never going to assign gifts to my son
CL6S
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 3:41 PM

At 16 my Mom got my sisters and I diamond earings and at 18 we got diamond necklaces. I'm doing that for my daughter's as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2013 at 3:42 PM
At eighteen I got a pearl necklace as did my mom and aunts on their 18 the bday. Think I will do that for my girls
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Aw that sounds sweet. A woman I worked with bought a necklace with a pearl on it for her daughters twelfth birthday and bought a pearl every year after that to add on. I thought it was sweet

Quoting CL6S:

At 16 my Mom got my sisters and I diamond earings and at 18 we got diamond necklaces. I'm doing that for my daughter's as well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM
At 13 or 14 my dad got us our birthstone in ring. My sister also got earrings but I'm June so he took the opportunity to get me a set of pearls. Dd is in June too, I haven't decided of I will pass on my stuff or get her new.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM

mom bought me a car at 16 as her mother did her. And I am buying for my girls. 

ochoa.mama
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Sweet ideas, don't have things like that... my mom passed away. Me & my son go horse back riding for my birthday
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 3:50 PM

When I was 21 my dad fixed my mom's first wedding set and gave it to me. He bought her a new set. Oldest DD will get the set my dad gave me on her 21st birthday. Middle DD will get the set Dh bought me and youngest DD will get her own (or the ring I currently wear that DH got me for our 10th anniversary). None are "traditional" wedding rings. I wear the set my dad gave me on my right hand.

At 16 they will get opal jewelry, as I did at 16.

weaveress
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I am selfish and couldn't give up something that is mine. I would have to buy new. which is why neither of my girls are getting my claddagh. 

Quoting sheramom4:

When I was 21 my dad fixed my mom's first wedding set and gave it to me. He bought her a new set. Oldest DD will get the set my dad gave me on her 21st birthday. Middle DD will get the set Dh bought me and youngest DD will get her own (or the ring I currently wear that DH got me for our 10th anniversary). None are "traditional" wedding rings. I wear the set my dad gave me on my right hand.

Kasi Lynn, Calvin David, & Lilith Jade's Mommy
The Work will wait while you show the child the RAINBOW, but the rainbow won't wait while you do your work.

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Quoting weaveress:

I am selfish and couldn't give up something that is mine. I would have to buy new. which is why neither of my girls are getting my claddagh. 

Quoting sheramom4:

I am having a really hard time with giving my DD the set my dad gave me. But I have 7 years lol. DH has suggested we have the same set made for each girl and I keep the original. The plan right now is to give her the set, but I may change my mind. My dad passed away 6 years ago and I wear the ring almost every day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN