Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A crying, naked 2 year old was trying to cross a busy street.

Posted by   + Show Post

My coworker was walking back to work after lunch. She found a naked two year old trying to cross the street and she was sobbing. She took her hand and asked where her mommy was. Then other cars stopped and one was my coworker's boyfriend. Since she had to come back to work she left. The other people called the police and her boyfriend stayed as well. The police apparently knocked and knocked, then kicked down the door. They apparently now put yellow tape around the home. It's totally weird and scary. Her boyfriend called to tell her this. The home is a nice middle class home to. Kept up and cute. Not some ghetto home where you might expect neglect. We're thinking maybe they found a body. Crazy.

UPDATE: They found a woman, presumably the mom, dead. It was an apparent suicide overdose. There were pills everywhere and a paper. Which one can guess is a note. The little girl's grandma came and took over for her. The say it had been at least 24 hours. We're all very sad for the little girl. She must have been so scared and hungry and just in need of everything. ;( </3 My heart breaks for everyone involved.

by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Replies (151-154):
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM
While I agree suicide is a selfish act. I lost my mother in October to suicide and I am still very angry with her. One has to remember that the person who took their life had to be in a very dark place and very desperate for a way out. I've battled anxiety and depression most of my life. I've wanted to die, but I never could go through with it.
My mom had her death planned (we found this all out after she died). She was determined and was going to do it. In her letters she left, she said how she was a burden and though life would be better without her. She was in so much pain mentally and physically. We tried everything. She had multiple attempts. The second last one almost killed her but we found her in time... The last time she went missing for 3 days and was found alive but barely. I could see it in her eyes before she went missing that she couldn't take life anymore. She just gave up. Yes it is selfish, but like an icu doctor once told us after we tried committing her through the courts... You have a license to kill yourself. It sucks. Suicide is so complex. It's not black and white. It leaves a horrible legacy and devastation. I know you understand being that you said your sister attempted.
I agree with you, it is selfish. I'm still angry with my mom for what she did. But I need to learn to forgive. We have to understand that it takes alot for one to take their own life.

Quoting D.O.E.:

depression? mental illness? haha....every single person in my family has problems with this.

my little sister shot herself in the head last year. oh, she lived.  oblivious and completely uncaring about what she put our family through.

selfish? very selfish

Quoting Anonymous:

It is presumed to be suicide

It could be someone forced her to talk the pills

And if it was then you don't understand depression or know what illness(es) she had and was dealing with

Quoting D.O.E.:

what a selfish bitch.

she didnt even care what happened to her child, selfish, so selfish

that poor child and family.

she might just  be 2 but that will stay with her for the rest of her life.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRISTAL_WILDER
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Wow it was selfish of the mother not only to leave the child an orphan but to do it while that child was there knowing it would be alone and to leave pills everywhere!

D.O.E.
by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:37 PM

it does make me angry. at least my sister and your mom didnt put an innocent little girls life at risk in the process.

Quoting XoXo.Nikki.XoXo:

While I agree suicide is a selfish act. I lost my mother in October to suicide and I am still very angry with her. One has to remember that the person who took their life had to be in a very dark place and very desperate for a way out. I've battled anxiety and depression most of my life. I've wanted to die, but I never could go through with it.
My mom had her death planned (we found this all out after she died). She was determined and was going to do it. In her letters she left, she said how she was a burden and though life would be better without her. She was in so much pain mentally and physically. We tried everything. She had multiple attempts. The second last one almost killed her but we found her in time... The last time she went missing for 3 days and was found alive but barely. I could see it in her eyes before she went missing that she couldn't take life anymore. She just gave up. Yes it is selfish, but like an icu doctor once told us after we tried committing her through the courts... You have a license to kill yourself. It sucks. Suicide is so complex. It's not black and white. It leaves a horrible legacy and devastation. I know you understand being that you said your sister attempted.
I agree with you, it is selfish. I'm still angry with my mom for what she did. But I need to learn to forgive. We have to understand that it takes alot for one to take their own life.

Quoting D.O.E.:

depression? mental illness? haha....every single person in my family has problems with this.

my little sister shot herself in the head last year. oh, she lived.  oblivious and completely uncaring about what she put our family through.

selfish? very selfish

Quoting Anonymous:

And if it was then you don't understand depression or know what illness(es) she had and was dealing with

Quoting D.O.E.:

what a selfish bitch.

XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:42 PM
No but she did causing a devastating loss for my two children who are old enough to understand and never forget what happened. She also left behind my handicapped sister who is so messed up over this.
Honestly I'm sure if this woman committed suicide, the last thing on her mind was her child's safety, sadly. It's selfish, I'm sure though the woman was in so much mental pain she saw no way out and was just thinking of her own release from pain. The whole thing is so sad all around.

Quoting D.O.E.:

it does make me angry. at least my sister and your mom didnt put an innocent little girls life at risk in the process.

Quoting XoXo.Nikki.XoXo:

Quoting D.O.E.:

selfish? very selfish

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting D.O.E.:

what a selfish bitch.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)