Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do parents wait for when

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies
4 moms liked this
The child is ready to be ready to do things on their own? Whether it be potty training or breast feeding. Are you not the parent isnt that what your job is to teach them? Are you embarrassed when your friends or other people are chit chatting about potty training their kids at 18 months or 2 years old and your child is 4 and still isnt potty trained or even attempting to because "they arent ready"? What about when your child starts school, do you still believe in waiting until your child wants to write or learn the curriculum? Why is it different? That is why they have milestones for ages and what they SHOULD be doing. NOT TALKING ABOUT CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 6:07 PM

BUMP!

jillbailey26
by on May. 2, 2013 at 6:08 PM
8 moms liked this

Some things are child led and some things are parent led.  Some moms like for the child to show signs of readiness when it comes to potty training or weening from breast milk.  They don't want to force them because that can have some negative outcomes.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 6:09 PM
9 moms liked this

Why do parents care what others do with their children?

enloemom
by on May. 2, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Smdh
smurfbitebug
by on May. 2, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Well... I would assume they would know their kid isn't ready because they regularly try to teach the child the skills. As opposed to pushing it on them forcefully, they attempt to get the message across, and if it doesn't get across they will shelf it for a later date. I would hope anyways. That's how I do it. *shrugs*
NoahandEliza
by on May. 2, 2013 at 6:12 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm not all about waiting til 5 to potty train or ween, but if the child isn't ready, it just causes a lot of unnecessary problems. If they have no clue what it means to hold their pee, it'll just be months of cleaning up accidents and stressing out when you could have just waited those few months and had it done in a week.
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Quoting jillbailey26:

Some things are child led and some things are parent led.  Some moms like for the child to show signs of readiness when it comes to potty training or weening from breast milk.  They don't want to force them because that can have some negative outcomes.

aandt1999
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish people here would leave other mothers alone. People all over the world parent their kids differently. We seem to be the only one though that feels everything is our business. Who cares?? Really? Watch the movie "babies" and watch the woman wipe her babies crappy butt on her knee and then clean it off with a corn cobb.....or the one that lets her baby cry a bit while she cooks dinner. They will live. And the mothers are probably happier people b/c they don't get judged by everyone. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this
The only kids I know who aren't trained at four are the ones who have lousy parents who tried to force the issue and turned it in to a long power struggle. My oldest waited till 2 1/2 to train but he did it right off the bat and never any accidents.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)