Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do grandmas? Or I am being selfish? ( Mother's Day question) * little update

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 7:16 PM
  • 79 Replies
Have "rights" to see the grandchildren on Mother's Day? Of corse if they are in the area you would want to see them.. But my step mom and my ex mil.. Are splitting Mother's Day between them.. Seeing who gets her at what hour and I'm not included! Is it Mothers Day or Grandmothers Day?
I wanted to have a breakfast with my step mom my ex mil, my daughter and I then go home my step mom and me and my daughter to relax and cook dinner maybe even a Mother's Day cake.. But now my step mom is telling me I should leave my daughter with my ex mil for Mother's Day. And celebrate Mother's Day for her ( my step mom) this Sunday... Well what about me? Ok I know they deserve to have a chance to see their grand baby and I have her most of the time by myself but, I want her on Mother's Day I want us all to be together.. I'm not expecting a present she is only 19 months but I do want to be with her.. Am I being selfish? Should I just let them do what they want and pick a different day? It's not like my daughter will know anyway..

* little update* I texted my step mother I told her I wanted my daughter on Mother's Day and I want her and Cheryl ( my ex mil) to spend the day with my daughter and I.. No reply but she did read the message.. (iPhone lol)
by on May. 2, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 7:18 PM
2 moms liked this
My mom sees them that day only because I see her that day.

Mom2five87
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I think THEY are being selfish. I wouldn't agree to that.

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I've never brought into the hoopla that is mother's day..So old and doubt my opinion is the majority.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Just say no.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Is it not possible for ALL of you to hang out in at the same time and place?

I would compromise.  Tell them you want your DD on Mother's Day, but you'll be willing to part with her for some time next week.

Have you tried explaining to them that the way they want it means you, as a relatively new mother (compared to their 18+ years) wouldn't get any time with your own child?  They might think they are doing you a favor giving you a break, which is what some Moms really want.  LOL  But if you explain you want to spend time with her I don't think any feelings will be hurt.

paigesmommy5264
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Its your day.. you're the mom... tell them they can have her another day.
snowiscold
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 7:20 PM
3 moms liked this

No, you are not being selfish at all!  I like the idea of having breakfast with your stepmom, ex mil and then heading home!  You are your daughter's mother and it is a day of celebration for you too!  Do what YOU want and what will make you happy.

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Grandparents day is sometime in the summer I think.  I usually see my mother on Mother's Day, but it's usually because I'm spending the day with my son at one of the theme parks close by.

Is it possible they want to give you some time to yourself?  Or are they just being asses?

Mommy2b2many
by on May. 2, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

UGH! I'm dealing with this also. It's my first mothers day and DH's grandma is really sick and wants us all together for Mothersday. On top of that my MIL wants to see us all for dinner. So what we decided to do was on saturday see Dh's Grandma since se is so sick. And Sunday is MY day. My mom understands; my 2 MILs don't though; but  oh well. I'm the mother and it's my day!

Stick up for yourself! Mother's day is about You; your daughter should be with YOU! good luck!

lulubugg
by on May. 2, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Do what it is you want to do

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)