Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My faith in humanity has been restored.

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:24 PM
  • 15 Replies

I quite literally just had the most amazing thing happen to me earlier and I wish I could thank the lady responsible. My S/O's brother gave him some cash for us to get some dinner tonight, (he's visiting and has been taking us out the past few nights because he's leaving back to North Korea soon [him and his wife are stationed there] ) so we decided to try out this Italian resturaunt in town called Milanos. Well, little did I know this place was a bit on the pricey side, but it wasn't anything we couldn't handle. I guess the lady sitting at the table next to us could tell I was feeling bad about spending as much as I did because when we asked for the check, the waiter informed us that she had paid for our dinner, his tip, AND even desert. I almost started crying, I couldn't believe it. I have only ever heard of such kindness and I wish I could thank this woman, I really do, but she had left but a moment before we had finished. When we asked her name, the waiter simply smiled and mentioned that she was a regular and he'd let her know how much we appreciated it.

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KRIZZ25
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I DO STUFF LIKE THAT OFFTEN...I WEN TO A PLACE THAT KIDS PLAY GAMES NOT LONG AGO AND LEFT ALL MY TICKS ..LIKE 40 OF THEM ON THE COUNTER AND SAYED CAN U GIVE TO THE NEXT LITTLE KID THAT COMES IN..AND I WALK AWAY .
.Nucking.Futs.
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:26 PM
How sweet.
GotSomeKids
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:26 PM

That is truly inspiring.  Remember to pay it forward.

There is a guy at the local gas station who knows my hubby is military.  Everytime he sees him (couple of times a year) he buys my husband a beer.

mattiehatter
by Mary on May. 2, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Pay it forward!
mattiehatter
by Mary on May. 2, 2013 at 8:28 PM
I do this too. I love to play skee ball.

Quoting KRIZZ25:

I DO STUFF LIKE THAT OFFTEN...I WEN TO A PLACE THAT KIDS PLAY GAMES NOT LONG AGO AND LEFT ALL MY TICKS ..LIKE 40 OF THEM ON THE COUNTER AND SAYED CAN U GIVE TO THE NEXT LITTLE KID THAT COMES IN..AND I WALK AWAY .

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:29 PM

How sweet.

ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on May. 2, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Don't you mean south korea?

myusernamedied
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:33 PM

No, I meant North Korea.

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 8:34 PM

That is sooo sweet!!!! I LOVE hearing stories like that! <3

ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on May. 2, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I didn't know north Korea allowed foreign military there.

Quoting myusernamedied:

No, I meant North Korea.

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)