Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I wrong for thinking this??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

My baby cousin is 6 months old and extremely round for his age. At his last check up I think he was almost 18 pounds. He has hand-me-downs from my son (2yrs).... I was visiting with my aunt the other day and noticed he was wearing my sons old pants.... they were 12 month pants and it looked like he couldnt even breath. She went to change his diaper and it was a struggle to get the pants pulled up so she pulled out another pair of pants (again my sons so I knew the size), they were 12-18 month size and they fit him fine. His shirt was pulled up and he just looked plain fat, not cute baby fat. Is it  bad that I think my own blood is just really fat. His smile is amazing but that is all this kid has right now.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Is he on formula or breast milk? If it is formula she might be over feeding him.

**I am not anti-formula**

Heatherp23
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

no its not wrong. but my son is 20lbs, only 10lbs lighter than my 2 year old and he is only 7 months old. He is very tall tho. Is her baby short?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 10:28 PM

He is EXTREMELY SHORT and she does formula feed. She gave up on breast feeding when he was like 3 weeks old. Said it was too much to breast feed because that meant she had to do the work... even after spending $350 on a double breast pump. And now not only on formula but eating baby food also... a lot of baby food. I do think she over feeds him. She asked once if they made bottles bigger than 8oz

proudmama11212
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Well my son is 6 months and is almost 18 pounds he is breastfed only but he was a long baby though im tall and skinny and hubbys short and a lil on the chubby side :D so i think his weight is okay
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmama11212
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Holy damn shes overfeeding him....poor baby though my sister in law tells me that my son needs to eat more like 8 oz bottles and eating a jar of food -.- and im like ummm no i dont think so

Quoting Anonymous:

He is EXTREMELY SHORT and she does formula feed. She gave up on breast feeding when he was like 3 weeks old. Said it was too much to breast feed because that meant she had to do the work... even after spending $350 on a double breast pump. And now not only on formula but eating baby food also... a lot of baby food. I do think she over feeds him. She asked once if they made bottles bigger than 8oz

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tryin44
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Mobile Photo

Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
My friend has a 7 month old that weighs 27 lbs. She's huge. However, all her babies start big and then average out around 3 years. Her 4&6 year olds are thin and tall but were exactly like this baby.
tryin44
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats my fat lil nephew! I love him and his rolls! Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM

My son has been tall and thin from day 1. I am constantly being told by family members, friends, that he is way too skinny. He Just turned 2 and the last time he was on a doctor scale he was 26 lbs. He never ate baby food. He went from boob, to formula, to table food. And now he eats practically all day long. **I tried baby food, many types and many times. Never would eat it.

Quoting proudmama11212:

Holy damn shes overfeeding him....poor baby though my sister in law tells me that my son needs to eat more like 8 oz bottles and eating a jar of food -.- and im like ummm no i dont think so

Quoting Anonymous:

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Meet River.  My 17 month old.  See that shirt? 4T.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)