Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You're a crappy mom!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies
3 moms liked this
My sil (dhs sister) has 2 sons. One is 11 and the other is 6. She and her husband don't spend any time with the boys. They watch TV and play video games ALL day, every day. They feed them frozen chicken nuggets and macaroni every night for dinner because that's all they'll eat. I could go on, but I won't. Basically, they're terrible parents.

The 11 year old is obese. He started becoming overweight at around 5 and he's now huge. Yesterday at school he went to stand up off the floor and got a stress fracture in his ankle because of his weight.

The 6 year old is in my dd's kindergarten class and she tells me every day how he gets his color moved down because he either falls asleep in class or is running around the classroom disrupting class. My sil thinks it's cute that he's so "quirky". He's 6 and I can understand my 2 year old better than him!! Well, they found out today that he's being held back in kindergarten next year. My sil calls me pissed saying that it's all the teachers fault and she's going to complain to the school. Nope, sorry, my dd has the same teacher and she's amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better teacher.

Now she's crying to anyone who'll listen about how her older son must have something medically wrong with him and how her younger son is being treated unfairly. I just want to scream "No!! It's you!! You're a crappy mom and now you want to blame everyone but yourself. Take some responsibility and change things!!" Ugggg....OK rant over.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 2, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Bump
Suzy_Sunshine
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

infuriating

horrible parents always blame the school

tardistraveller
by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:55 PM

That sucks.  I hate when I have to keep things inside that I really just want to scream!

ididntdoit111
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

She knows it's her fault. It's just easier to blame something else. If she takes her older boy to the doctor they will doubtless tell her the kiddo needs to eat healthier and get off his behind and go outside. That is if she's honest about what she says he eats and does.

MommyMitchy247
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 11:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Yikes, it sounds like your SIL needs a serious reality check.

I would send her an anonymous typed letter and slip it in her mailbox yourself, without putting anything but her name on them envelope.

Maybe she'll snap out of her denial.

dirby1988
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Thats how xdf was with his kids excpet they didnt go to school. They would only eat corndogs, chicken nuggets, or frozen pizza. Their mom didnt care and only took them to her house 4 hours a day. They basically lived at their gmas. Xdf had no problems with this. It bothered me really bad.....

brittanyjenean
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Then say something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured