Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My two year old has lice?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Mobile Photo

Ok first off let me say I know I'm posting this amongst the meanest people of CM, but I figure I'll get more helpful replies here than anywhere.

So about 10 days ago my oldest DD, and I found out we had lice. We washed the bedding, vacuumed everything, the whole 9, and since then I run the nit comb through dds hair after every bath, and I have found NOTHING. Same with me, I have run the nit comb though every couple days and nothing. Well earlier dd2 needed a bath, so I was giving her one and saw something black in her hair, pulled it out and it was a dead louse (?) so I'm thinking great. Then a little later I find a live one.

What the hell? As you can see in the pic dd has like NO hair and its SUPER blonde. Do you think I need to retreat her? (I treated her with dd1 and me even though she didn't have anything) I ran the nit comb through her hair (which only takes a couple seconds) and there was nothing else. No eggs nothing. Would it be OK just to keep an eye on her hair? And how the hell could she get it, when me and dd don't have it? Could she have just gotten an egg or something on her, and it's from then? I just feel so bad for her :( she has no hair. Lol.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TDMumof3
by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this
All i can say is i have been where you are. lice is like the devil too me and those little critters can die and go to hell.
N83
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:47 AM

There are some kinds of shampoo for this. Try it. It will work.

shadowsgrl09
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:49 AM

I would keep an eye on her hair.  I hate lice with a passion only because it seems that if people are around me that have it I always seem to get it and it takes me forever to get rid of it.

mama-sita
by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Retreating her wouldn't hurt.  Retreating everyone is what I'd suggest, just as a precaution.

Lizardannie1966
by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:52 AM

I would definitely keep on eye on her little head and especially if you found a live louse. If you see another one, it might be wise to retreat her.

I know there are different things that are now used as alternatives, including mayo (which sounds gross but suffocates the little bugs) and this way you wouldn't have to use a medicated shampoo on her. I've also heard that Tea Tree Oil works very well but given her age, I'd definitely check with your pediatrician to make sure you can use it.

TDMumof3
by on May. 16, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I tried alcohol in my childrens hair every day till they were gone...
ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Channel Dory and change her song from "just keep swimming" to "just keep combing".

And please PLEASE don't put alcohol in your child's hair.  Just.  Don't.

AF2011
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I would retreat her and the rest of the family. I hate lice with a passion. Took me forever to get it out of mine and dd's hair!

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Oh, and when you do treat your kids and yourself for it, if you ever need to again, make sure you BLOW YOUR HAIR DRY.  I'm talking BONE DRY TO THE ROOTS.  It will literally bake any eggs you didn't get with a comb.  They're in there.  Trust me.  Bake the fuckers!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 16, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I would retreat everyone and do the whole house again. Everything that could not be washed I suggest you put into trash bags for two weeks but that's my opinion.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)