Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sons day care made me get a DR. Note for this...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 97 Replies
2 moms liked this

Signed my son up for daycare, he starts in beginning of June! I had to have a doctors note for me to bring him his own snack/lunch!!! How crazy...I am not a crazy mom who needs my child to eat super healthy all the time,  but he will be there 5 days a week...I don't want him eating crap food that often! I have a menu of what the other kids will eat and I will try to match that as much as I can! Their idea of fruit is cereal bars & pop tarts...my son eats fruit and veggies 3-6 times a day, and his meals are well rounded & homemade...not from some "quality catering" company!

after reading this, I sound like a yuppy...I'm NOT at all...just a mom who wants to provide my kids with good eating habits...when he goes to friends houses I don't monitor what he eats, he is allowed "junk food" more often than he probably should have it...when we eat out he can choose whatever he wants from the menu...

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MorganTho
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
That's one thing I'm nervous about when we put dd in daycare!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Uzma_mom_of_2
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:18 AM
4 moms liked this

I'd pack my kids lunch as well. Not that I have a problem with cereal bars and pop tarts occasionally, but everyday. They'd need a cavitiy filled on every tooth.

villagemamma
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Lol that does seem weird to me too. im definitely not a yuppy but i am the same as you. i like to be actively involved and aware of what my child is eating. That would have honestly put me off of the entire school.

Suzy_Sunshine
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:19 AM
10 moms liked this

That is a sign that you have chosen a very low quality child care center.

I would go back to the drawing board.

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Why would you choose a day care with that kind of menu?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2013 at 12:20 AM

There is over 100 kids in the day care of all ages, I am the only parent who does this, I was surprised! They do serve a meat and veggie with lunch, but I'm sure the meat is pretty gross & if I wouldn't eat it I don't want my son too either...luckily he will only be attending daycare for 3 months while we are in the middle of a move, then I'll be staying home with him again!

Quoting MorganTho:

That's one thing I'm nervous about when we put dd in daycare!

tardistraveller
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I understand, I never liked my son eating the school snacks when he was in kindergarden.

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:21 AM
My DDs daycare makes all the food there homemade. All the fruits and veggies are fresh. They occasionally get muffins or cookies or something along those lines but they're all homemade as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemama0905
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:21 AM
this.

Quoting Suzy_Sunshine:

That is a sign that you have chosen a very low quality child care center.

I would go back to the drawing board.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Quoting shadow_lark:

Why would you choose a day care with that kind of menu?

The day care is a very good rated day care and we live in a very high end area.,,I've looked at many day cares, and the snacks are not what throw me off...that I could live with, it's the lunches that gross me out!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured