Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Straight from Africa.

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:44 AM
  • 16 Replies

These are some things my uncle brought from Africa a few years ago. They are really neat. I have a really tall shield, apparently it's an African dancing shield. It's really big, and in the way. I would decorate with it but its not really my scene. Therefore I want to sell it. But I'm not sure how to price something like this, or where to try to sell it.

Thats a wooden purse. Believe it or not.

A few of the masks he brought back

The shield I want to try and sell

by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 3, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Maybe get someone to appraise it and find a consignment shop or somewhere to sell.
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Neat. I have no idea what to do with something like that.

Maybe try finding a local shop that sells similar things (like an antique/exotics shop) and ask them.

Aprilaaw85
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Yeah maybe. I have no idea where to get something like this appraised though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe get someone to appraise it and find a consignment shop or somewhere to sell.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 3, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Advertise for a yard sale near the black neighborhoods. You might get a better target audience there.

MsCherry10
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Ebay or amazon. It really looks amazing! I tried to join a volunteer service for Africa but it wasn't an all expenses paid type of deal. I really would have loved to go

Aprilaaw85
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:55 AM

My uncle was lucky enough to help build and set up the computers and networks there for the embassy. He was there for about 5years.

Quoting MsCherry10:

Ebay or amazon. It really looks amazing! I tried to join a volunteer service for Africa but it wasn't an all expenses paid type of deal. I really would have loved to go

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:55 AM

These are really really cool!

Thanks for sharing!

blue.chairs
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Antiques roadshow!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 3, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Omg...they freak me out lol. Neat though.
MsCherry10
by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:03 AM

So Luckyyyyy 5 years!!!... I wanted to teach or aid in building hospitals or schools.I was willing to work for a place to live and meals, and almost no money but they said "it wasn't how it works" ... I want to do an African theme in my living room for a month or two. Bring it to me since i didnt get to go...lol

Quoting Aprilaaw85:

My uncle was lucky enough to help build and set up the computers and networks there for the embassy. He was there for about 5years.

Quoting MsCherry10:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN