Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is she really psycho or do I just hate her because she is an ex???!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 78 Replies

I think DHs ex wife is completely irrational and most other people do too, but today someone tells me I am overreacting.

When we had DHs girls for spring break their mother called 4 or 5 times a day driving me crazy. She asked so many questions and would then want to talk to the girls for about an hour at a time. They are 11 and 12 years old. One day they were here I decided to take a nap and she called while I was napping and freaked the hell out because I didn't answer the phone then. I had 7 voicemails of her screaming at me saying things like "Why are you trying to keep my own kids away from me you stupid bitch!". I never called her back, I just took my phone to the girls and told them they needed to call their mother and I walked away. She talked to them until the battery died on my phone then called DH and wanted to know why I forced them to hang up on her. WTF?! I had to leave my own home to calm down because I never allow anyone to talk to me like that. But if I say one wrong word to her she refuses to let DH see the girls for months at a time.

She uses the excuse of keeping the girls away from DH because we are "unstable". Ummm...wait, lady! We have been in the same location for 3 years. Both have had the same decent paying jobs for 3 years. YOU have moved 7 times in 3 years and can't keep a job for more than 2 months and your husband buys and resells used appliances for a living. Every pet you have had in the last 2 years has mysteriously died. You and your husband fight in front of the kids all the time and we never do.

I love those girls, I really do. But it is so hard dealing with their mother's insance fucking ways every time they come over! It got so bad over spring break that I almost considered getting a hotel room just for some peace and quiet, but I didn't want the girls to think anything was wrong.

I really think this woman is insane!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 6:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 3, 2013 at 6:50 AM

bump

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on May. 3, 2013 at 6:52 AM

BUMP!

Polkadotted
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 6:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Probably, but any reaction is over reaction. you can't fix crazy.  Lowering your expectations works wonders.

Mrs.H15
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 6:53 AM
She sounds cray cray!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 3, 2013 at 6:53 AM
It sounds like she a control freak! Is she up their butts while she has them with her or isn't only when they come to your home!?
MommyO2-6631
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 6:54 AM
2 moms liked this
He's crazy. Your dh needs to get a custody arrangement in place through the courts so she cannot keep him away from them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 3, 2013 at 6:54 AM

and if your dh is not supporting you in this situation, you have some long, hard choices to make...it won't get any better, unless you demand to him he step up, and back you as a wife and partner.   If he refuses to have a backbone, you know where you stand. 

Mommyof1_2013
by on May. 3, 2013 at 6:54 AM
2 moms liked this
Wow! Yeah she's pretty psycho! Maybe it's time to talk to the girls and see if they want to live with y'all? They are old enough to make that decision and if their mom can't keep a job and is that "unstable" it'll be better for them. GL
Lorik1969
by on May. 3, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Yes she's crazy. You need to talk to your hubby about some grround rules. The point of having them over break is to spend time with them. You can't do that if they are constantly on the phone with their mother. Decide what is acceptable for contact while the kids are with you, then let her know. If she is that unstable, I would consider filing for custody. It's not healthy for kids to be moved around that much in such a short time period.
scraphappy12
by on May. 3, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Yup , psycho. Good luck with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)