Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is wrong with people? It is not okay it is Rude!

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:33 AM
  • 122 Replies
6 moms liked this

I just saw a woman's blog in the news. It was about having biracial children and having perfect strangers ask if her children were hers.  People do this all the time and its rude. What gives people the right to walk up to a complete stranger in the park or mall and ask are they yours? In a mall or resturaunt people would ask me Their not all yours are they?  I would always say Yes They Are All Mine. But who is that rude? Why is it any of your business? Anyone from cashiers to Santa in the mall.  Why?  didn't anyone ever teach these people manners?

by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starlight91
by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:38 AM
2 moms liked this

Didnt you know bullies have all kinds of excuses as a way to justify their nastiness

momaof8
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Its not really bullying its just rude behavior. As though no one ever taught them manners.

Quoting starlight91:

Didnt you know bullies have all kinds of excuses as a way to justify their nastiness

starlight91
by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Rude behavior that is let go, turns into bullying...

Quoting momaof8:

Its not really bullying its just rude behavior. As though no one ever taught them manners.

Quoting starlight91:

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Some people say things before their brain processes level of appropriateness.
davnrori
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this

When my husband was deployed I had to take all 3 of our kids everywhere with me. I got asked quite a few times if they were all mine (for some reason this happened a lot at the grocery store). Like taking kids to the grocery is so fun that I'd bring extra, right? LOL

Btw, my kids are not biracial but it is annoying to get asked that just the same.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 7:43 AM

what is rude about it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM

i used to babysit 30yrs ago when i was a young single adult....you wouldn't believe even back then, complete strangers would ask if he was my son....times have NOT changed at all in regards to women's rudeness and this topic

jacsmama022
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Some people don't have that censor that others do. I would never ask that. Even if it was a white lady with all white kids. Mainly because it's none of my business.
Kmary
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM

That is very rude.  I've never had it happen to me as I only have 2 kids and they look a lot like me.  But I don't get why anyone would ever ask this to any stranger.  Besides the obvious that people and families come in all shapes, colors, etc, there is also the practical part:  sometimes kids are out with people  other than their own parents.  My bro takes his nieces and nephews on outings all the time.  I take my kids plus my next door neighbor's kids on walks and bike rides, etc.  It's just bizarre in general to ask a complete stranger if the kids with them are theirs.  I don't get it.

MxHoneyMama
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM
I know what you mean. I was the child though. We always made jokes the 4 of us were adopted cuz none of us looked like my single mother.

I was always worried about this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured