Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Parents Who Medicate Their Kids to Sleep-Edit**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Are YOU guilty of medicating your child to sleep because you 'have something to do' ?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Replies (11-20):
MooseMomma
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Nope.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:49 AM

My daughter suffers from insomnia, it is a side effect of her Celiac disease. When she is going through it she takes melatonin to help.

I've been known to give them both melatonin when on vacation and they are too excited to sleep.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 3, 2013 at 7:49 AM
I have given DS benadryl before bed to help soothe the itching caused by his eczema. Not anything for sleep though
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 3, 2013 at 7:56 AM

My youngest was the one who functioned on very little sleep. Even when I would try to keep him up later, he would still wake up before the butt crack of dawn. LOL
No, I never gave him anything to sleep, though. I never even thought of it. Between him and work, I just got used to getting up early.
Now, all the kids(teens) sleep in, and I'm still the one getting up early. Can't sleep in late, no matter how hard I try.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 3, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Infant Tylenol once in a while....
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes with medicine that is prescribed by my childs Dr. He is 4 and if he doesn't take it he will be up till 5 am no matter what we do. The 3 days he was up till 7:30 am is what made her decide he needed something.
He takes clonodine if anyone is wondering.
Miss.Mommie.
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:03 AM
2 moms liked this
Nope. Haven't had a solid night's sleep in 4 days right now because DS has a cold. I only gave him natural cough syrul becaise he is only 2. :/ I am soooooo exhausted and so is he but I could never purposefully give him something to knock him out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 3, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Quoting deadlights86:

Yes with medicine that is prescribed by my childs Dr. He is 4 and if he doesn't take it he will be up till 5 am no matter what we do. The 3 days he was up till 7:30 am is what made her decide he needed something.
He takes clonodine if anyone is wondering.

My ds takes that too. Have you had to get it up'ed or is he still on the same dose?
motherslove82
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Nope. Never.
MommyDearest555
by on May. 3, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Never had a problem with my son not sleeping. I would never give him cough meds to cause him to sleep though. That can cause stomach problems in the future if used excessively. I had an EX once that always took night time cough syrup though....SILLY if you ask me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)