Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my dad is sick and I can't convince him to go to the ER UPDATE

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:27 AM
  • 116 Replies
My dad lives with dh and I. We all rent out a huge comfortable house and everyone pitches in on the rent and bills. It works out beautifully. My dad was recently laid off, and he has been collecting unemployment. He does not have health insurance right now. He has been getting progressively worse.
He complains of anal bleeding. He says it non stop bleeding. He says the toilet fills up with blood. It makes him weak and dizzy. He is unable to control his BMs :/ some days I can tell its really bad. Today he has started vomiting non stop. He also says it feels like he has the worst case of indigestion he has ever had. He also said he is burping up a lot of acid stuff.
I told him I would take him to the ER. He said no, he can't pay for it. I tried to explain to him that it doesn't matter! They will see him no matter what.
What could be wrong with him!
UPDATE
The reason I was on CM, is b/c he wS sleeping and tryimg to rest. Anyways, I went in to check on him. He is now complaining of an extreme headache and being dizzy. He says he feels like he has been doing drugs for days. Lol he doesn't do drugs. Then he said his arm and shoulder were hurting. That's when I flipped. I told him he had no choice. I was taking him in. He said he would go after he ate and layed back down if he didn't get any better. I cooked him some breakfast and he is resting. I'm keeping a close eye on him. Thank you for the kind words. If he isn't doing better I will take him. He swears it feels like a flu coming on and that its not life threating. Idk. . . He has about an hour if he doesn't get well. He promised me he would go.

Updated
After he woke up from his nap, he claimed he felt much better. I kind of thought he was lying, but he went to work like he was. He appears to be doing fine. I'm not going to force him to do anything. He has been through cancer before, and he refuses to go through treatment again. He did promise me if he ever felt it was completly necessary he would go to the ER.
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Holland04
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I hope he seeks medical help. That's super dangerous. 

IncognitoOne
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I hope you can convince him to go.

My dad is stubborn too.

Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on May. 3, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Sounds like it could be something wrong with his colon...
frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Is he a drinker?  This happened to my friend a few months ago...

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd tell him if he doesn't go you will call an ambulance.

Good luck! That's scary :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Tell him YOU cant afford to pay for his funeral, either!

destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM
No, he doesn't drink. What was wrong with your friend?

Quoting frankiesma530:

Is he a drinker?  This happened to my friend a few months ago...

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Grab him and take him in. Force him to go. Tell him that you're not going to watch him potentially die because he has a lapse in coverage. There is help if he can't pay for it. He can pay it little by little and some hospitals will take his state into account and lower the bill.

He needs to go in, something is very wrong.

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Call an ambulance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Awe! That's a good one!

Quoting Anonymous:

Tell him YOU cant afford to pay for his funeral, either!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured