Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my dad is sick and I can't convince him to go to the ER UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post
My dad lives with dh and I. We all rent out a huge comfortable house and everyone pitches in on the rent and bills. It works out beautifully. My dad was recently laid off, and he has been collecting unemployment. He does not have health insurance right now. He has been getting progressively worse.
He complains of anal bleeding. He says it non stop bleeding. He says the toilet fills up with blood. It makes him weak and dizzy. He is unable to control his BMs :/ some days I can tell its really bad. Today he has started vomiting non stop. He also says it feels like he has the worst case of indigestion he has ever had. He also said he is burping up a lot of acid stuff.
I told him I would take him to the ER. He said no, he can't pay for it. I tried to explain to him that it doesn't matter! They will see him no matter what.
What could be wrong with him!
UPDATE
The reason I was on CM, is b/c he wS sleeping and tryimg to rest. Anyways, I went in to check on him. He is now complaining of an extreme headache and being dizzy. He says he feels like he has been doing drugs for days. Lol he doesn't do drugs. Then he said his arm and shoulder were hurting. That's when I flipped. I told him he had no choice. I was taking him in. He said he would go after he ate and layed back down if he didn't get any better. I cooked him some breakfast and he is resting. I'm keeping a close eye on him. Thank you for the kind words. If he isn't doing better I will take him. He swears it feels like a flu coming on and that its not life threating. Idk. . . He has about an hour if he doesn't get well. He promised me he would go.

Updated
After he woke up from his nap, he claimed he felt much better. I kind of thought he was lying, but he went to work like he was. He appears to be doing fine. I'm not going to force him to do anything. He has been through cancer before, and he refuses to go through treatment again. He did promise me if he ever felt it was completly necessary he would go to the ER.
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Replies (111-116):
hudson.maggie
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Update??!!?
Donnah118
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Please, please, please STOP whatever you are doing and call 911. Arm and shoulder pain with indigestion could be a heart attack. I hope that it turns out to be nothing more than the flu but this sounds like something more than a little rest can cure.

destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 1:20 PM
After he woke up from taking a nap he claimed he felt better. I think he was lying to me, but he went to work like nothing was wrong. He seems to be fine now.
He promised he would go if he ever felt it was necessary.

Quoting hudson.maggie:

Update??!!?
Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 1:22 PM
This or like a really bad ulcer run rampant

Quoting Bluescorpia:

Sounds like it could be something wrong with his colon...

Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 1:24 PM
This happened to my fil.
He's the same way. He was popping rolaids like candy and complaining of serious indigestion. After a WEEK my mil took him, well, tricked him. She said she wasnt feeling well and asked if he would go with her to the doctor. When they got there she told the doctor his symptoms and they did a check. He had three heart attacks that week. He's lucky he wasn't doa.

Quoting Donnah118:

Please, please, please STOP whatever you are doing and call 911. Arm and shoulder pain with indigestion could be a heart attack. I hope that it turns out to be nothing more than the flu but this sounds like something more than a little rest can cure.

Donnah118
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Men are so stubborn! My Dad drove himself to the hospital when he had a heart attack! I would not play around with this at all. Stubborn or not I would call.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

This happened to my fil.
He's the same way. He was popping rolaids like candy and complaining of serious indigestion. After a WEEK my mil took him, well, tricked him. She said she wasnt feeling well and asked if he would go with her to the doctor. When they got there she told the doctor his symptoms and they did a check. He had three heart attacks that week. He's lucky he wasn't doa.

Quoting Donnah118:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN