Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What Kind are you supposed to eat??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

I bought some coconut oil from Wal-Mart yesterday to jump on the bandwagon.. is it the right kind to put in smoothies rub on skin etc.. Or do I need a special kind??

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM
3 moms liked this
pure organic coconut oil from the grocery side is the one you can use for anything.

dont get a stick of cocoa butter from the beauty side and rub it on your skillet.

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:07 AM
also I use coconut manna for smoothies and spreads. its the coconut flesh pulverized into a butter consistency. works great as a thickener with way more flavor and nutrient than just oil. I havnt heard of using coconut oil in a smoothie before.
davnrori
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

This made me laugh so hard!! I can just imagine a CM mom saying that they bought beauty aisle cocoabutter because it was cheaper than coconut oil and it made their muffins taste nasty. LMFAO!!

Quoting Matriarch87:

pure organic coconut oil from the grocery side is the one you can use for anything.

dont get a stick of cocoa butter from the beauty side and rub it on your skillet.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:17 AM
If you got it from the food section you're on the right path.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 3, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Never heard of putting any kind of oil in a moothie.  Why get more fat than you need?

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM
lol, I was sort of that mom. When my son was about a year just really starting to get into things. I always bought pure coconut oil beauty sticks to moisturize my stretch marks. My son was playing in a box fort and when I went to join I saw him sitting indian style eating my stick of coco butter! He acted like it was chocolate or something! I freaked out and called poison control. She said she wasnt surprised because it probably tasted good like the food, but is loaded with preservatives to keep it from spoiling. She said he might get a tummy ache but not to worry. lol.

Quoting davnrori:

This made me laugh so hard!! I can just imagine a CM mom saying that they bought beauty aisle cocoabutter because it was cheaper than coconut oil and it made their muffins taste nasty. LMFAO!!

Quoting Matriarch87:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Supposed to be heathy for you?

Kills viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis C, SARS, AIDS, and other illnesses
Kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease and cavities, pneumonia, and gonorrhea, and other diseases
Kills fungi and yeasts that cause candida, ringworm, athlete's foot, thrush, diaper rash, and other infections
Expels or kills tapeworms, lice, giardia, and other parasites
Provides a nutritional source of quick energy
Boosts energy and endurance, enhancing physical and athletic performance
Improves digestion and absorption of other nutrients including vitamins, minerals, amino acids
Improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose
Relieves stress on pancreas and enzyme systems of the body
Reduces symptoms associated with pancreatitis
Helps relieves symptoms and reduce health risks associated with diabetes
Reduces problems associated with mal-absorption syndrome and cystic fibrosis
Improves calcium and magnesium absorption and supports the development of strong bones and teeth.
Helps protect against osteoporosis
Helps relieve symptoms associated with gallbladder disease
Relieves symptoms associated with Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and stomach ulcers
Improves digestion and bowel function
Relieves pain and irritation caused by hemorrhoids
Reduces inflammation
Supports tissue healing and repair
Supports and aids immune system function
Helps protect the body from breast, colon, and other cancers

Quoting Anonymous:

Never heard of putting any kind of oil in a moothie.  Why get more fat than you need?

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:27 AM
I thought coconut oil was high is saturated fat and lauric acid
AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM

i had a dog who would seek out my cocoa butter lotions and try to chew into the packages.     it does smell great.    do you wash your face with coconut oil?   i have a friend who found that on pinterest and said i should too but the idea of washing with oil scares me!!!   seems greasy!!

Quoting Matriarch87:

lol, I was sort of that mom. When my son was about a year just really starting to get into things. I always bought pure coconut oil beauty sticks to moisturize my stretch marks. My son was playing in a box fort and when I went to join I saw him sitting indian style eating my stick of coco butter! He acted like it was chocolate or something! I freaked out and called poison control. She said she wasnt surprised because it probably tasted good like the food, but is loaded with preservatives to keep it from spoiling. She said he might get a tummy ache but not to worry. lol.

Quoting davnrori:

Quoting Matriarch87:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 3, 2013 at 10:29 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)