Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ATTENTION TECH COMPUTER PEOPLE!!! I NEED YOU!!!!

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:33 AM
  • 52 Replies

So if you got some computer tech savvy knowledge I need to know how I can plug in my laptop to the big screen tv so I can run my powerpoint into the tv from the laptop. The tv does have USB and does allow slideshows....... Not sure there is a usb to usb or if that will even work?

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on May. 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM

If not sure could you please bump??? thanks :D

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM

There is and it will.

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I've never done it with USB before.  HDMI, yes.  I don't suppose it will hurt anything to try USB.  It will work just like a monitor.  You might want to just let it set its own resolution so it won't be stretched weird.

emandab
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM

You should have a hdmi out on your tv.  Connect and hdmi cable that has a usb on the other end of it to your laptop.  or your laptop might have a hdmi out on it too, then you just need a regular hdmi cable.

sheena696
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Do you have an hdmi cable?

QuirkyMom26
by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Put a magnet on the back of your tv and then another one on the back of your laptop...then join forces. :)

thetrollcat
by Meow on May. 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Ill have to try that.... The laptop does have HDMI and not sure if thats really needed....

Quoting quickbooksworm:

I've never done it with USB before.  HDMI, yes.  I don't suppose it will hurt anything to try USB.  It will work just like a monitor.  You might want to just let it set its own resolution so it won't be stretched weird.

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

thetrollcat
by Meow on May. 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I dont have a cable for the HDMI no but I can get one Im sure at best buy or at least I hope so! I need it by tomorrow.

Quoting sheena696:

Do you have an hdmi cable?

thetrollcat
by Meow on May. 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM

LOL creative!

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Put a magnet on the back of your tv and then another one on the back of your laptop...then join forces. :)

cmabbott
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 10:38 AM
My DH said they make dual USBs and that should work as long as the TV has a port.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN