Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm an idiot.

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM
  • 27 Replies
We went to a casual restaurant, and for once, the baby not only fell asleep in the car, but STAYED asleep after we got in the restaurant and got seated! I was hoping I was finally going to actually eat a meal in peace for once, rather than having to spend the whole time feeding her all my food and trying desperately to keep her happy. I did order her some mashed potatoes and Mac and cheese, but she always seems to think my food looks better than hers. Anyway, the dumb thing was, I sat us down right next to the soda fountain and the noisy ice machine.

It woke her up RIGHT as soon as the entree arrived and I spent the whole meal bouncing her on my lap and not really being able to enjoy my food. Boy will it be nice when I can finally eat and sleep in peace again.
If we can avoid people bashing me for having the audacity to feed my child mashed potatoes and Mac and cheese, or for bringing a baby into a (family friendly!) Restaurant, or for venting my frustrations about my baby girl, that would be awesome. Yes, I love my precious baby girl with all my heart, but she's an exceptionally fussy baby, and of course I do get stressed.
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I still am waiting for the eating in peace part and DD is almost three. Good luck, lol.

Quoting loisl25:

We went to a casual restaurant, and for once, the baby not only fell asleep in the car, but STAYED asleep after we got in the restaurant and got seated! I was hoping I was finally going to actually eat a meal in peace for once, rather than having to spend the whole time feeding her all my food and trying desperately to keep her happy. I did order her some mashed potatoes and Mac and cheese, but she always seems to think my food looks better than hers. Anyway, the dumb thing was, I sat us down right next to the soda fountain and the noisy ice machine.

It woke her up RIGHT as soon as the entree arrived and I spent the whole meal bouncing her on my lap and not really being able to enjoy my food. Boy will it be nice when I can finally eat and sleep in peace again.
If we can avoid people bashing me for having the audacity to feed my child mashed potatoes and Mac and cheese, or for bringing a baby into a (family friendly!) Restaurant, or for venting my frustrations about my baby girl. Yes, I love my precious baby girl with all my heart, but she's an exceptionally fussy baby, and of course I do get stressed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 12:53 PM
How old is she? I've never had a baby little enough to still be in their infant seat but old enough to eat a dish like Mac and cheese.
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Yeah. When does that happen?? Hehe

Quoting Anonymous:

I still am waiting for the eating in peace part and DD is almost three. Good luck, lol.

Quoting loisl25:

If we can avoid people bashing me for having the audacity to feed my child mashed potatoes and Mac and cheese, or for bringing a baby into a (family friendly!) Restaurant, or for venting my frustrations about my baby girl. Yes, I love my precious baby girl with all my heart, but she's an exceptionally fussy baby, and of course I do get stressed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 12:57 PM
I feel you momma. My LO is 10 months and he has been so super clingy lately, if I leave him for a second he just screams bloody murder. Ahhh. He never cries, just screams and screams and screams.
I love him to death, but man, sometimes I just want to rip my hair out. Lol
& I'm used to eating all of my food cold now lol
loisl25
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:57 PM
A year. She's ready to be moved into a bigger seat right about now. In my car, she is in the bigger seat, but Daddy still uses the infant carrier one. The instructions say 20 lbs and under. She's right at 20 lbs.

Quoting Anonymous:

How old is she? I've never had a baby little enough to still be in their infant seat but old enough to eat a dish like Mac and cheese.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 12:59 PM
**eye roll**

Quoting Anonymous:

jbirdsladie27
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:59 PM
You're not an idiot. Sleep and eating meals peacefully will happen. ((HUGS))
loisl25
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Yeah, she does that too. Horrible, ear splitting banshee screams, and I live with chronic headaches as it is. OWCH!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel you momma. My LO is 10 months and he has been so super clingy lately, if I leave him for a second he just screams bloody murder. Ahhh. He never cries, just screams and screams and screams.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Aww, little munchkin :-) I make giant babies who are lucky to get six months out of their baby seats. Bit jealous of people who can use them longer, so much handier when baby falls asleep in the car.

Quoting loisl25:

A year. She's ready to be moved into a bigger seat right about now. In my car, she is in the bigger seat, but Daddy still uses the infant carrier one. The instructions say 20 lbs and under. She's right at 20 lbs.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Me too :( When he screams it makes it 10x worse.
I really, really hope this screaming phase will go away soon and never come back lol

Quoting loisl25:

Yeah, she does that too. Horrible, ear splitting banshee screams, and I live with chronic headaches as it is. OWCH!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)