Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

All Natural Moms -- I hate you!!!

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:02 PM
  • 29 Replies
Just kidding!
But now that you're here. . .
what are some things that you use?
Are there brands that are generally good for stuff or do you gals use mostly natural food products?
I'm curious because I've considered switching all my cleaning supplies over since they all smell so strongly and it irritates me. . .
I know vinegar is a pretty good all purpose cleaner
And a friend of mine said she also uses salt and a lemon to wash down her tub ( which I tried and actually worked well and everything smelled like lemons!!!)
So let me know ladies. . .

ALSO just cause I'm curious WHY do you use all natural products?
by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yummypeaches
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I make my own laundry detergent.

2 bars of feltz naspar soap (spelling?) --$.97 each

1 box of arm &hammer washing soda --$2.37

some people put borax in their recipe but I don't, its up to you

Grate up the soap (I use my food processer) and mix it with the washing soda. Add about 2 tbs per load. Sometimes I throw in a bit of vinegar for good measure as well.

itsm3
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:07 PM

vinegar is a great sanitizer. dilute with a bit of water.

baking soda is great for scrubbing things; combine with vinegar for extra cleaning power (just beware of the bubbles!).

i use an all natural cleaning product called Universal Stone.  BEST NATURAL PRODUCT I'VE EVER USED.

i also use all natural skin & makeup products - la bella donna products and pure+simple products.  i also use naturopathica moisturizer or just pure skin products. 

i use alba botanical shampoo for myself and dd.

i also eat clean 100% - only foods that we can cook (ie. fresh veggies, lean meats, fresh fruits etc).  the only "processed" food i eat is oatmeal but i don't consider that processed because oatmeal is so good for you.

Liyoness
by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Baking soda and vinegar or lemon is pretty much all you need.
zoegirlsmom
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM
I like Mrs. Meyers natural cleaners.
shyanntech
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:12 PM

i just started the all natural way about 3 mos ago.. it works great i us some good websites and there is a place on here that could help you to.. im me prive and i will send you links to all the sites i hit.. 

Kimmiky
by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Pure + simple. . . Is that a p&g brand? I feel like I've seen it before.
I love oatmeal.
we were at this little diner and I ordered oatmeal for my dd. They waitress was so surprised when she ate it. She said "most people your age don't know what real food is"
Well I try where and when I can

Quoting itsm3:

baking soda is great for scrubbing things; combine with vinegar for extra cleaning power (just beware of the bubbles!).

i use an all natural cleaning product called Universal Stone.  BEST NATURAL PRODUCT I'VE EVER USED.

i also use all natural skin & makeup products - la bella donna products and pure+simple products.  i also use naturopathica moisturizer or just pure skin products. 

i also eat clean 100% - only foods that we can cook (ie. fresh veggies, lean meats, fresh fruits etc).  the only "processed" food i eat is oatmeal but i don't consider that processed because oatmeal is so good for you.

Kimmiky
by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Bump
itsm3
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM

P+S is a canadian brand that is all-natural.  it's amazing and their spas are amazing too.  since i started using their products, my skin has improved 100%!

my whole family eats clean 100% as well.  not that i'm crazy clean-eater and refuse to allow sweets but 99% of our meals are freshly cooked and healthy and dd knows what healthy eating means.

Quoting Kimmiky:

Pure + simple. . . Is that a p&g brand? I feel like I've seen it before.
I love oatmeal.
we were at this little diner and I ordered oatmeal for my dd. They waitress was so surprised when she ate it. She said "most people your age don't know what real food is"
Well I try where and when I can

Quoting itsm3:

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM

My son has asthma and the harsh chemicals irritate his airway.  I use Method brand products.  I don't like the smell of vinegar.  I don't go all natural with the laundry soap and dish detergent.  I used to but they really just don't work as well.  When I had a cleaning service, I used an eco friendly commercial line of products.  

GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on May. 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM
I make my own Clorox wipes from old clothes, water, rubbing alcohol and dawn dish soap.

I make my own weed killer: dawn dish soap, peppermint oil and water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)