Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pregnant brides?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You just got engaged and set a date for the wedding and already paid a deposit on a hall or whatever.
You then find yourself pregnant and with the date you set, you will be 30ish weeks.

Do you move the date up?

Postpone the wedding until after the baby?

Get married anyway?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 3, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Did it ruin your fun? Did you wish you could drink? Did your dress and the day fit your dream? Would you do it again?

Quoting mommytotwonow:

this happened to us only i was 25 weeks. we did it anyways. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 3, 2013 at 2:16 PM

We got married anyway. I was around 30 weeks too. I keep trying my dress on the make sure it would still fit and it did, until 5 days before we got married. :( I changed the way I was carrying my dd and did not have time to get it altered at that point. I ended up getting married in a long blue dress, but oh well. 15 years later and still going strong. :)

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on May. 3, 2013 at 2:16 PM
I would move the date up, if I could. Yet if not it wouldn't be the end of the world so I would just go as planned.
mommytotwonow
by on May. 3, 2013 at 2:16 PM

it was a good day. i would do it agin maybe spend less money lol. i had one glass of champagne so i was happy. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Did it ruin your fun? Did you wish you could drink? Did your dress and the day fit your dream? Would you do it again?

Quoting mommytotwonow:

this happened to us only i was 25 weeks. we did it anyways. 

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I got married anyways. I was six months pregnant with a bump. Not at all what I planned EVERY, but whatever. If you didn't support me, you didn't have to come. Shockingly, most people supported me through it which I'm thankful for.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 3, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Have the wedding
pinkfairy0206
by on May. 3, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Haha this was kinda my situation almost 11 yrs ago now. My husband proposed we set a date of january of 2004,2 days later I found out I was pregnant! I wanted to keep the original date(I really didn't wanna b fat bride,lol)but he got his way. He didn't want us to have a baby and not b married.
glitterlove100
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM

That was one of my biggest fears when we were planning our wedding. If it were to happen to us I would have bumped up the wedding. We got married mid june and it was hotter then hell. I would have had to be sitting in the ice machine to get married then at 30 weeks preggo.

PEEK05
by on May. 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I got engaged and two weeks later, before we had picked a date, found out that I was pregnant. We decided to wait until our daughter was 6 months before getting married so that all of our extra funds could go to her.  I don't regret our decision to wait.

wyattsmom2009
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I was 3 months pregnant when I got married. My sister-in-law was 2 when she got married. Why change everything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN