Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pregnant brides?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You just got engaged and set a date for the wedding and already paid a deposit on a hall or whatever.
You then find yourself pregnant and with the date you set, you will be 30ish weeks.

Do you move the date up?

Postpone the wedding until after the baby?

Get married anyway?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM
I personally would wait until after I had the baby.
Darkangelpunk
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I would move it up or post pone it. At 30 weeks u might have some complications and might have to be on bed rest at that point and all the planning would go to waste.
I was 15 weeks when I got married but me being big anyway and my dress hid my belly and my baby bump lol wish I could have drank on my honeymoon and I wasn't so tired I slept a lot on the cruise
onethentwins
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Personally I'd wait until after. I had a friend who married his bride when she was about 8 months, he was catholic and determined his child wouldn't be a bastard. 

MrsApple
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 2:28 PM

We were engaged but hadn't planned the wedding yet.Hubby decided he wanted to be married before the baby was born so we went ahead.I was 28 wks pregnant when we had our wedding.It did put a damper on the honeymoon,though.I ended up on bedrest so while I was given the ok to walk down the aisle,my OB said a trip was out of the question.Oh well :)

AddalynsMama
by on May. 3, 2013 at 2:33 PM

This happened to me. We had just set a date and I found out a couple weeks later I was pregnant and my due date was right around the same time. So we moved the date up. I didn't get to have the wedding of my dreams. It sucked. I'm divorced now so I don't really care, but I did care for a long time lol. It was a big deal to me.

motherslove82
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 3:03 PM
That is almost exactly what happened to me except the baby would have been born before the wedding and there were no deposits. We wanted to be married before she got here so we moved the wedding back a few months. I was 6 months pregnant when we got married, but we had been engaged for 2 years.
Mamitamaria
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 11:43 PM

lool...nothing theoretical here. I was over 30 weeks when we got married...date was already set and deposits paid so we just kept the date and rocked the bump :-)

Owner-Pregnant Brides  Were you pregnant when you tied the knot? Come share your experiences. Will you be pregnant when you get married? Come learn from our stories.

vvinkyloafer
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:45 PM
I would postpone or move it to an earlier date. Fuck being knocked up and showing it on my wedding day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcoll
by Brandi on May. 4, 2013 at 11:45 PM

We pushed the date up lol

livelaughlov26
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:45 PM
I wanted to postpone but we had to get married right before our son was born. Long story. Family issues basically. It wasn't worth the fight.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN