Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why I believe people are ok with abortion *EDIT*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 141 Replies
9 moms liked this

Ok, look I'm not trying to bash here but I have a few things to say. I know this topic is brought up over and over again, sorry dead horse...The fact of the matter is, part of why people are ok with abortion is because even though it is killing a living person (even at a very very early age) they don't see it that way because they cannot physically see this person. Most of the time it is done right around when you'd be going in for the first ultrasound, but no woman who wants an abortion wants to see the baby she is killing. Even as early as babies are killed they still have a heart beat. Sorry it's a fact, it's alive.

The other thing is women feel that they shouldn't have to do anything they don't want to. They don't want to go through pregnancy for something they didn't want, they don't want to do adoption because they either someday want other kids and don't want one out there already or they have other kids and don't want this other child to be the only adopted out sibling (not to mention trying to explain how mommy was pregnant and now their sibling is in someone elses home)

Seriously unless you are raped you were not doing everything possible to prevent pregnancy. Birth Control fails all the time, we certainly know this not only because they tell you that, but its all over CM lol. So if you don't want a kid and you'd rather kill it than give birth to it, then use condoms and birth control, or if you are done having kids, get fixed or your man snipped, can't afford a permanent procedure or they say not old enough, then I guess you got to wait it out until then, but use two forms of BC if you have to. You have sex you can get pregnant!!! We all know that. I think people are lazy with their BC or very uneducated about it, because if you truly cannot stand the thought of having a kid or having another, how is it fair to that child you "accidentally" conceived because you didn't take your BC right or you accidentally took an antibiotic with it so it failed or oh you did it right but it still happened. I don't care what your excuse is, if you did everything in your power to prevent a pregnancy you wouldn't be pregnant.

I just think that people use abortion as the easy way out, "oh I forgot a pill, crap I'm pregnant, oh well I'll just kill it and we'll be good" No I don't think every woman thinks this way, I'm just saying that is how people seem to treat it. It's like a back up method when in fact there should have been at least 2 forms of BC if you didn't want to get pregnant, no oh the pill failed now im pregnant so we'll take care of that with an abortion.

People are so ok with this because "oh its not really a person yet" "oh well its better than the sadness they'll feel when they find out they are adopted" or whatever kind of crap. It's a human. You are killing a living person. Just because the baby can't live outside of the womb doesn't mean it's ok to kill it. I have brought up before that this would be like a conjoined twin saying they killed their other half (who was just a head and arm basically, but alive and able to talk etc) because they wanted a normal life. Killing afetus because it is like a parasite (needing your body to live) is the same as one conjoined twin killing the other that is not a necessary part of the body, but alive none the less. Is that considered murder? If a conjoined twin is killed off? After all they were practically a parasite because they couldn't live without the other twin.

You say it's ok to kill the baby because the fact is, you believe since no one is attached to it yet, no one has "met" the baby yet then it must be ok. The baby is a living being before you kill it off. Just because by law you are not "murdering" a baby doesn't make the baby any less of a living being. From 4 weeks on the baby has organs, most women cannot find out they are pregnant before that 4 week mark when they miss their period. And although on the outside you couldnt' tell if it was a girl or boy, the gender is already established. The baby is already a girl or boy. By 5 weeks the heart already starts beating.By 6 weeks the brain is developing and even muscles and bones.

I'm just stating facts here and you can even look them up. I'm not trying to bash, but the fact is, if something has a beating heart, it is alive...so yes you are killing a baby even if it doesn't look like one yet. And the excuse that "oh well it can't feel pain" is no different than saying it's ok to kill a paraplegic because they can't feel it, maybe its better for them so they don't have to spend their life being taken care of by other people, after all they can't function alone now can they? So yes I am against abortion, but mostly I just want to state the fact for all those saying you are only killing off some cells, no it is a living being and killing that fetus is no different than killing a paraplegic or your conjoined twin, both of which require you to live. I put some of this in red to get those points noticed most of all.

ETA: I am not saying whether it should be illegal or legal, I am stating facts and some opinions. I am not trying to sway view points or anything like that. I'm not judging, just stating what it is because some people seem to not realize it. I am making comparisions which in MY OPINION are similar, you may or may not agree that they are, but this is how I see it.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heyiitsang84
by on May. 3, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm prolife and I think why people get abortions is bc they are so selfish and they don't want the baby. Well if you don't want a baby try adoption, there are so many people out there in the world who would kill to HAVE a baby, and they're just KILLING it!!!

delilahsmom1177
by on May. 3, 2013 at 3:56 PM
8 moms liked this

It does not have a heart beat from conception. I also hope you do not take any form of hormonal BC since all it does it thivken the lining of your uterus so a zygote can not attach.

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

delilahsmom1177
12 moms liked this

How many children are in foster home waiting for a forever home? 

Quoting heyiitsang84:

I'm prolife and I think why people get abortions is bc they are so selfish and they don't want the baby. Well if you don't want a baby try adoption, there are so many people out there in the world who would kill to HAVE a baby, and they're just KILLING it!!!

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

MalakbelLacuna
That was a lonnnnng post
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MalakbelLacuna
by on May. 3, 2013 at 3:57 PM
True story

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

It does not have a heart beat from conception. I also hope you do not take any form of hormonal BC since all it does it thivken the lining of your uterus so a zygote can not attach.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on May. 3, 2013 at 3:59 PM
12 moms liked this

I realize my beliefs aren't everybody's beliefs and that people should NOT be force to live by my beliefs and opinions. That would be the reason why I'm no longer pro-life. One day it clicked, its none of my business. Later on, I learned about sentience vs non sentience.

ETA...I also learned that the world is not black and white and while I'm pro-choice, I've never had an abortion.

l0nely
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Well said
heyiitsang84
by on May. 3, 2013 at 3:59 PM

and I wish for every child that is foster care to get that forever home too.

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Quoting heyiitsang84:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 3, 2013 at 4:00 PM
7 moms liked this
That is what I always think. How many kids are already out there waiting for a home? But no one wants them they want a nice shiny new baby. I am pro choice and will remain that way. Pro life people only worry about the baby in the whom not what will happen to it once it is born.

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Quoting heyiitsang84:

delilahsmom1177
by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Well how about we work on that first.

Quoting heyiitsang84:

and I wish for every child that is foster care to get that forever home too.

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Quoting heyiitsang84:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)